What is the best driving music?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Went and saw Roger Waters perform "The Wall" in Duesseldorf earlier this year. Absolutely amazing.

Pink Floyd are one of the greatest bands of all times. Period...

I found myself speeding on the freeway this morning listening to Al DiMeola's "Flight Over Rio" from the Elegant Gypsy album. I leave my iPod on shuffle and when that came on, my foot got a lot heavier.

Last night I listened to U2's The Joshua Tree on the way to work. The first time I heard it was in 1987 and listening to it for the first time in a few years I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it; it's a cracking record and has aged very well.

"Withor with-awwwwt yooooo, withor wiii-th awwwwt yooooo-oo. I caaaan't Liiiiii-ve, Withor with-awwwwt yooooo-oooo"

For kicks I've also been listening to the Foo Fighters' Greatest hits album! Awesome! Best road music!

It's hard to bet Floyd as general driving music.

Now you're just messing with my head. :) Pink Floyd are my favourite band, but I don't listen to them all the time. It's good to have variety. The Foos are great driving music; you should try 'em if you are into rock.

Last edited:
Sometimes when I'm cruising around on US66 in the desert looking for trains to film, I just play classical music. No need to drive fast, just kick back and enjoy the scenery.

A very good list sofar that already has a lot of artists/tracks that work for me as well while on the road. My addition is a bit obvious perhaps, and therefore all the more surprising it isn't already mentioned....because if anything this track by a Dutch band had to be known by everyone (who owns a car ;) at least)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6DFOMwv7l8

...the 1977 live version in particular is KILLER because they had a rather amazing second guitar player for a little while during the mid-to-late seventies

Hello John
if you mean from those of Who, maybe
My Generation
Behind Blue eyes
Pinball Wizard
Getting in Tune

Juha

Hello John
if you mean from those of Who, maybe
My Generation
Behind Blue eyes
Pinball Wizard
Getting in Tune

Juha

Hi Juha,
Great tracks. I would add Bargain Baba O'Reilly to your list.
I like a lot of Who styles:-

Quadrophenia 'The real me' is a favourite
By Numbers ' Slip Kid'
Its Hard ' I've known no war' - 'Cry if you want'
Odds Sods 'put the money down' - 'Long Live Rock'

I like PT's solo work too. 'Psychoderelict' and 'All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes'

So many tracks to choose from....

Have you seen the 'Oo live? Its a life changing experiance !!
I've seen them at Charlton Atheltic, Wembley and Hyde Park.

Long live rock

John

Oooo, the 'Oo; I used to have one of those Union Jack Tee shirts with The Who written on it; I was the biz! Listening to Cream's greatest hits in the car at the moment, real quality rockin' blues. Not hard to understand why they were considered the first super group.

Can't really call any Who songs driving songs but instead how about Deep Purple Highway Star or ZZTOP Lagrange

Users who are viewing this thread

Back