What is the best driving music?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1. Anything by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
1a. Early ZZ Top (First Album, Rio Grande Mud, La Grange, Fandango, Tejas, and Tres Hombres albums).
2. Train Train by Blackfoot
3. Tell Mama by Savoy Brown.
4. Jimi Hendrix, pick any album.

-cut-
and Maria......"cagers"????????

Sorry - motorcyclist slang for car drivers - "metal cages" = cars. ;)

D*mn Maria, your feet must be spinning like (insert your choice of word here) pedaling that beemer bike of yours on Autobahn....!

(((dust cloud))))-----------------------zzziiiiiiiiip!----------->>>

MEEP MEEP! *vroooooooooommmm...*CLUNK*....vrooooooooooommmmmm... :rofl:

1. Anything by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
1a. Early ZZ Top (First Album, Rio Grande Mud, La Grange, Fandango, Tejas, and Tres Hombres albums).
2. Train Train by Blackfoot
3. Tell Mama by Savoy Brown.
4. Jimi Hendrix, pick any album.

That's the best so far. Savoy Brown live is pretty damn good too.

But I vote for Joe Satriani (virtually any album), Montrose (first album), Deep Purple Machine Head, The Cars first (two albums), Black Sabbath, Megadeath, Rage Against the Machine (best of), Robin Trower (Victims of the Fury, Back It Up, BLT). and Audioslave (first album).

I can't stand MP3s...

:shock: You spent time in military aviation and you can still can tell the difference between a CD and an MP3! I impressed. I can't hear crickets (not necessarily a bad thing) and have a permanent ringing in my ear. Between the Tweet and the APU next to the crew entrance door on the C-141, my ears didn't stand a chance.

I'm an old codger who is still living in the 60s. I like a mixture of rock and roll and country. Gene Pitney, Four Seasons, Johnny Horton, Jim Reeves, Lovin Spoonfull many others and some from later periods like Neil Diamond. My Genesis has a six record CD changer with MP3, lets see, that's over 600 hours of music. Plenty to pick from.

and Chuck Berry's "No Particular Place To Go had us bouncing, bopping and singing along, much to the great amusement of the "cagers" around us, whenever we stopped for the red light on our way to Langelinie, Copenhagen. :lol:

Love that song. It takes me back to hot summer nights listening to the radio while watching my brother work on his '57 Chevy under a large cedar tree, using a block and tackle to pull the engine. I can almost hear the mosquitoes buzzing. Slap!

Only a few months later he was drafted and sent off to Vietnam, which he thankfully survived.

:shock: You spent time in military aviation and you can still can tell the difference between a CD and an MP3! I impressed. I can't hear crickets (not necessarily a bad thing) and have a permanent ringing in my ear. Between the Tweet and the APU next to the crew entrance door on the C-141, my ears didn't stand a chance.

Trust me my hearing is not great anymore. My problem with MP3s is just that I do not want to let go of albums. I like the artwork and having to go to a record store. It is a lost era...

Remember when record stores had listening rooms where you could go in and listen to the record before you bought it?
Recently, I finally bought an 80G ipod. didn't think I like or use it but now it's one of my favorite things. FM transmitter that plugs into a cig outlet and I have 8 hours+ of MY music literally anywhere so MP3 has my vote

I'm an old codger who is still living in the 60s. I like a mixture of rock and roll and country. Gene Pitney, Four Seasons, Johnny Horton, Jim Reeves, Lovin Spoonfull many others and some from later periods like Neil Diamond. My Genesis has a six record CD changer with MP3, lets see, that's over 600 hours of music. Plenty to pick from.

Love that song. It takes me back to hot summer nights listening to the radio while watching my brother work on his '57 Chevy under a large cedar tree, using a block and tackle to pull the engine. I can almost hear the mosquitoes buzzing. Slap!

Only a few months later he was drafted and sent off to Vietnam, which he thankfully survived.

Forgot about Chuck. He was a little before my time, but I still love his music. Have seen him live two times so far and he brought down the house both times.
Classic lyric in any driving song "As I was MOTORVATIN' over the hill, I saw Mabelline in a Coupe De Ville" . Classic!

Forgot about Chuck. He was a little before my time, but I still love his music. Have seen him live two times so far and he brought down the house both times.
Classic lyric in any driving song "As I was MOTORVATIN' over the hill, I saw Mabelline in a Coupe De Ville" . Classic!

Of course there is that great parking lyric "Can't you imagine the way I felt, I couldn't unfasten her safety belt"!:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back