Bf 109 D Legion Condor 1:32 scale (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you boys,
it's time now to spray a first coat of paint. Will try to finish the model before xmass.

10 BF 109 B-D-68.jpg

10 BF 109 B-D-70.jpg

10 BF 109 B-D-72.jpg

10 BF 109 B-D-73.jpg

10 BF 109 B-D-76.jpg

10 BF 109 B-D-77.jpg

Here is an usefull link:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/4731...Primeros+ejemplares+en+Espa%F1a+%5BParte+1%5D

Last edited:
Now with decals and a little bit of exhaust stain:

28a7upi.jpg

I choose the No. 6-69 because I usually hate to do any hero worship specially of officers who followed a criminal private. Even don't know if 6-69 ever excisted.

b9dt2f.jpg

2052lxu.jpg

fxxu01.jpg

Now there comes the difficult task to fix the canopy and the undercarriage. Most dangerous part in the life of a model airplane. I hope for the best.

657s3n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
"It's a long way to Tipparary" even longer was the way to fix the undercarriage and the canopy. The clear parts were a nightmare. I needed a rounded early version but Matchbox only has the square type. Days of sanding, polishing, dipping in future and cursing like a mad pirate passed by. I'm not to content with the result but I had to finish the 109 or let it fly into the trash box. I decided to go to the end. Here is the "Finished Spanish Fly".

npi0c6.jpg

6z4yva.jpg

264mcuh.jpg

24nqiq9.jpg

2u5qk8y.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR

It certainly does! Very nice work Michael. I think there should be an early canopy available, probably at Hannant's, or there's the one in the old Hasegawa kit,as an alternative part,if you can get that, though the kit itself need a lot of corrections!
Happy New Year to you too!

Hi Airframes,
unfortunatly the Hasegawa canopy is too small in chord for the Matchbox. Best would have been to vacu a new one - but was too lazy to do this. Instead I tried to clean up the area a little. Have lost some affection for this model. Hope with the next one I can do a better job.

2rf8wv9.jpg

339m436.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, and I know what you mean about the Hasegawa canopy. I used the 'square' one on my Matchbox 'Emil', which would be too narrow if in the closed position, but looks acceptable open. On a previous Matchbox '109, I scratch-built the 'square' canopy, from about 36 pieces, as the kit canopy was terrible!
I must admit though, if that's the Matchbox canopy which you've re-shaped and polished, you've done an excellent job!

I agree. Great outcome Michael!

How about the piston engined Me 262 protype next. That would be a challenge!

Thanks boys,
well I would prefer doing a TA-152-C or a Sabre my all time love. I swear I will never redo a Matchbox canopy again, almost ruined all work.

Just a little playing around:

72ce1w.png

2vx4ppe.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back