Bf 109 D Legion Condor 1:32 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys,
There is only little progress because my daughter settles down and there is much heavy work to do. Little time is left for the hobby.

At last I managed to join the fuselage halfes. As I mostly do I don't use aftermarket items and try to improvise my own renditions of the missimg details. There is more fun in it.

10 BF 109 B-D-17.JPG

10 BF 109 B-D-18.JPG

10 BF 109 B-D-23.JPG

There is a little progress: Slats are mounted, new wing roots have been installed and a new primer coat is sprayed on.

10 BF 109 B-D-26.JPG

The wings are only dryfitted. This will have to do for the next forteen days because I'm absent helping my daugther to get her home ready.

10 BF 109 B-D-27.JPG

Last edited:
Hi,
first many thanks to you.

I'm back after weeks without nodel building.
Two days ago I opend the cement bottle again and got back to it. "Sigh"!
The wings were cemented in place and ailerons and flaps added.

10 BF 109 B-D-31.jpg

10 BF 109 B-D-32.jpg

Primer always is a short run item, because there is the constant need to sand here and there.

10 BF 109 B-D-33.JPG

The openings for the wing guns have to be changed as I know now from a fellow modeller. The Matchbox ones are MGFF nuzzles. The D-version only had MG 17. which were located one rip nearer to the fudelage. No really challenge altering this.

10 BF 109 B-D-34.JPG

The panel lines on the belly of the Dora are different from the E. A large bunb had to be sanded of and two new ones added near the wing fuselage junction. The new panels were made from alloy foil.

10 BF 109 B-D-35.JPG

Last edited:
Wow. That is some impressive scratch-conversion. Bravo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back