Bf-109E-3 Ofw Illner White 2 of II./JG51 Battle of Britain Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Frustrating, annoying....oh yeah always when rushing. This is just the reason Harry. Stop thinking about " a race " , start thinking about models. Try to make it using step by step method. For instance Monday - seat belts, Tuesday - a pilot's seat etc.... you don't have to spend all day long on that. One hour is enough. If you would finish in a hal of an hour you could start the next step for the next day planned. Certainly no rush for that. The rule " check three times, glue once" is still the most important one.

I'll back-up all that. Why rush to the next bit if the current bit isn't right? It's pointless even starting a model if the finished effect will be spoiled by rushing it all. That old saying is very true when it comes to modelling - "Rome wasn't built in a day"!

Frustrating, annoying....oh yeah always when rushing. This is just the reason Harry. Stop thinking about " a race " , start thinking about models. Try to make it using step by step method. For instance Monday - seat belts, Tuesday - a pilot's seat etc.... you don't have to spend all day long on that. One hour is enough. If you would finish in a hal of an hour you could start the next step for the next day planned. Certainly no rush for that. The rule " check three times, glue once" is still the most important one.

No, no...

Yesterday I painted the sidewalls, and while those were drying I was trying to make seatbelts. Everyone is already knows and is in consensus I rush....And come Thursday I'm done with modeling for a really, really long time. And why plan days out if you said I didn't need to spend all day? And I can work on something else? Then in everyones eyes here its, whats the word they associate Harrison with, oh right, rushing.

I'm afraid you got me wrong Harry. You don't have to plan a whole day if you can spend an hour only for instance. It is not the matter of the time but it is the matter of what you have to do. Also you can stop any build and postpone it when you want. But returning to that you should continue from the paint you stopped. Then how long the break lasted wasn't a problem.

You have said you painted sidewalls yesterday. OK. a question.. what more to them did you do ?

So OK. :)

These sidewalls look good and the floor as well.. Did you check if all fitted correctly to the fuselage etc...?

Not yet, as last night they were drying and I was trying the seatbelts... I just woke up but I'll probably do that today :D

I see. But it would have been better if you had done that before you painted them. Anyway check it to make you sure all parts fit properly.

After looking at Wojteks 109 and the mottling, I think I should be fine since I have the extra fine nozzle and the paint flow control, just turn it to the right to get a very fine line, and all the way to the left for a very large area. Oh the suspense!

I'll try to get some work done tonight. School starts tomorrow...yikes!

Attachments

• Luft P-47.jpg
    Luft P-47.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Back