Bf 109F-4 Trop 1/48 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

how about one of these ?

source osprey aviation elite no 12 jg27 Afrika

Attachments

• f-4 trop.jpg
    f-4 trop.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,289
Nice stuff !!.But the Marseille's F-4 profile is incorrect a little bit.These victory markings are of wrong colour and shape I think.

Oooo..... the one looks good and correct This is his early F-4.

Nice stuff Paul. However there are mistakes in all profiles I'm afraid.

The first one with the red rudder was F-4/Z Trop varinat.The yellow digit 4 was of a different shape.And the camo scheme was like for the second one here.In addition, the underside of the engine cowling was yellow rather.

The second one , the camo scheme is fine but the shape of the yellow 14 is wrong.Unless the profile shows the Bf109F Werk Nummer 10059.The Werk Nummer 10137 was like I described here.These victory markings on the rudder are of the wrong colour.These were yellow. In addition, the underside of the engine cowling should be yellow as well.

The third one , the camo scheme is almost correct.In a pic of the machine these wing tips aren't white especially on upper surfaces.For sure the yellow number 14 with the black outline is too big and digits are of a wrong shape. What is more the number 100 in the garland on the rudder was white but not yellow. However there is another pic of the same plane ( as the caption says) and where the white wing tip can be seen.What is more it seems that the garland and the number 100 is lighter than victory markings on the rudder.It might have been white painted or it is a different aircraft.

Concerning the last one I havn't seen any pic of the bird.

Last edited:
Nice stuff Paul. However there are mistakes in all profiles I'm afraid.

The first one with the red rudder was F-4/Z Trop varinat.The yellow digit 4 was of a different shape.And the camo scheme was like for the second one here.In addition, the underside of the engine cowling was yellow rather.

The second one , the camo scheme is fine but the shape of the yellow 14 is wrong.Unless the profile shows the Bf109F Werk Nummer 10059.The Werk Nummer 10137 was like I described here.These victory markings on the rudder are of the wrong colour.These were yellow. In addition, the underside of the engine cowling should be yellow as well.

The third one , the camo scheme is almost correct.In a pic of the machine these wing tips aren't white especially on upper surfaces.For sure the yellow number 14 with the black outline is too big and digits are of a wrong shape. What is more the number 100 in the garland on the rudder was white but not yellow. However there is another pic of the same plane ( as the caption says) and where the white wing tip can be seen.What is more it seems that the garland and the number 100 is lighter than victory markings on th erudder.It might have been whit paited or it is a different aircraft.

Concerning the last one I han't seen any pic of the bird.

Well win some lose some I guess, :oops: I prefer real pictures any way. :lol:

It's OK Paul.:) JG27 is my favourite.But we know how accurate profiles are....That's way I prefere these real pictures as well.:D

It's OK Paul.:) JG27 is my favourite.But we know how accurate profiles are....That's way I prefere these real pictures as well.:D

Thanks Wojtek, I will have to do some looking. I thought I had a picture of that last profile around here some where. JG 27 is one of my favorite also. One of the reasons I choose MTO as my primary to collect info on. Now if only I can get time to read it :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back