***DONE: Bf 109 G-10 W NR 491504 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think a tree, and maybe a couple of low bushes, would be a great addition. I realise you've just placed the accessories for the photo, but don't forget to plan any additions taking into account the route into and out of the dispersal area, which the aircarft would use; allow clearance for the wings in particular, when turning, and for the effecxts of prop wash.
I haven't seen DML kits before, and those chairs and table look useful. Are these maybe ICM or another company under a different label do you know, Kevin?

DML is Dragon, Terry, based in Hong Kong (DML - "Dragon Models Ltd", if I know right), while ICM is a Yugoslav company, so I wouldn't think there would be any connection between the two.

Great model and diorama Kevin! I think a small tree and bushes as you and Terry said would top it off nicely. (Plus maybe two pilots sharing a bottle of Chianti ? :) )

Ah! Thought DML sounded familiar. Hadn't seen their 1/48th figures before though, but have seen a similar chair at least, under a different company name, and as there are so many re-boxings going on these days, thought it was maybe that.
Always thought ICM were Russian? Ukraine I think?

Ah! Thought DML sounded familiar. Hadn't seen their 1/48th figures before though, but have seen a similar chair at least, under a different company name, and as there are so many re-boxings going on these days, thought it was maybe that.

Terry for some reason everytime I read the box I think Chek Masters but it states 1/48 Masters Series.Anyway a few more pics of the other plane in the Dio as it progresses still got some more painting to go ....

Attachments

• G-14 012_edited (800 x 600).jpg
    G-14 012_edited (800 x 600).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 188
  • G-14 013_edited (800 x 454).jpg
    G-14 013_edited (800 x 454).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 258
  • G-14 014_edited (800 x 438).jpg
    G-14 014_edited (800 x 438).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 176

You could be right Terry, everybody seems to swapping moulds these days!
Also, I screwed up, ICM are of course from the Ukraine. Don't know why I wrote Yugoslavia!! :| :)

Terry just going to glue it down but I will add the same stuff for the ground around the base before and after I glue it down.If you notice in the background of one of the pics is the bomb loaded which would be great for a JU87.Terry when you mention foilage are you talking more bushes?I have a few clumbs now.Cheers Kevin

No Kevin, I meant adding foliage to the the tree, to cover the artificial look. This can be done with model railway lichen, dried herbs, and a range of other materials available from model and model railway outlets. Here's a pic of some I did for a 1/32nd scale 109G diorama,shown before and after, and in the diorama. Relatively quick and easy to do, and makes a heck of a difference.

Attachments

• Buys 004.jpg
    Buys 004.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 21 Gustav 312.jpg
    21 Gustav 312.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 210
  • 21 Gustav 327.jpg
    21 Gustav 327.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 223
Did as you asked Terry and added some more foliage and it does look better.Thks Dan for the cpmpliment.I have the drums painted RLM 66,antenna on the plane,lights painted but now I need to make the cover for the air induction.I have already made it for the other plane just a slight size difference between the two.Then to paint the men,this is neat.Cheers Kevin

Sounding good Kevin. I've just seen the Dragon set, new in to Model Hobbies, but twice the price of other similar figure sets in the UK!!
Evan, the '109 diorama is the one I did last year, using the 21st Century Toys G14, as a late G6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back