Bf 110G-2 'Pulk-Zerstörer'.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Found two (just noticed a third) interesting pics in the Bf 110 Zerstörer Vol 2 book of two Pulk-Zerstörer '110's.

DSCF0003-2.jpg

37mm cannon, four MG's and a single W. Gr. Mortar under each wing...

DSCF0004-4.jpg

Same 37mm cannon, but two MG 151/20 instead for the four smaller MG's, also with a single W. Gr. Mortar under
each wing....heavy punch this one me think! :shock: Have no idea as to which Geschwader any of the two belong to....:(

ZG 76

you own me a good German Bier.

ZG 26, 76 and 1 experimented with different cannon and rocket setups to find the perfect match, they never did.........

the 3.7cm was very short term as it vibrated so bad and was not accurate enough even at long ranges where the B-17/B-24 return fire could not hit them. You can well imagine the flying characteristics with this overblown thing under the fuselage and then when it fired.

I have pics galore now to find and post them.

the first pic is the designcfirst used finding the 4 mg 17's did not have the range nor the punch to tear apart the US heavies, probably in the fall of 1943 where the second pic could of been late fall winter even into very early spring but usually the 3.7cm was removed by then replaced either by four 2cm in the nose or 3cm above (rare) and 2cm below and the addition (quite common and favored) of the small weapons package of two 2cm in a waffen pod under the belly

am assuming this is the intro to your G-2 bomber killer model ??

can't remember if this is another ZG 76 crate through a bad filter or one from II./ZG 1

Me110-G2-59.jpg

nope it's from ZG 76 and it is yellow band note the code : M 8

ZG 76

you own me a good German Bier.

ZG 26, 76 and 1 experimented with different cannon and rocket setups to find the perfect match, they never did.........

the 3.7cm was very short term as it vibrated so bad and was not accurate enough even at long ranges where the B-17/B-24 return fire could not hit them. You can well imagine the flying characteristics with this overblown thing under the fuselage and then when it fired.

I have pics galore now to find and post them.

the first pic is the designcfirst used finding the 4 mg 17's did not have the range nor the punch to tear apart the US heavies, probably in the fall of 1943 where the second pic could of been late fall winter even into very early spring but usually the 3.7cm was removed by then replaced either by four 2cm in the nose or 3cm above (rare) and 2cm below and the addition (quite common and favored) of the small weapons package of two 2cm in a waffen pod under the belly

am assuming this is the intro to your G-2 bomber killer model ??

A good German bier.....? I'll get you a whole crate mate! :thumbright:

Indeed it is Erich. Since looking for info and decide which crate or pilot to use as a subject, is half the fun...

Thank you ever so much my friend! :notworthy:

cool glad you guys are enjoying some old fotos.........

anyone able to enlarge this one for this thread, some interesting notataions on it.

zerstorer.jpg

ok two more for today guys till I find the rest of the stash which is hidden is some dark funny corner

going casual a Bf 110G-2 crew of ZG 26, note narrow white Rumpfband

Me110-G2_2-1.jpg

and one of my fav's been used in many books. circa: December 43-January 1944. a staffel of G-2's from II./ZG 1 on the hunt for 15th AF heavies over the Alpen

Me110-G2-62-1.jpg

note : 2Z + BP was shot down on a later sortie in combat, though the band looks yellow it is dirty white in part to the overspray of the light grey for winter use

Last edited:
if anyone can find the following, blue covers with black horizontal stripe Bf 110G-2 Flugzeug-handbuch

d.(LUFT) T. 2110 G-2, Teil 8 A Scußwaffenanlage ( März 1943)

ausgabe April 1943

this is a must have for all the G-2 enthusiaists

yes all in German but still, I also have an 8 page introductory segment all in English with breif descriptions on the details of the arms systems used.

now the nice booklet may be on the net somewhere, Micdrow may have found the spot already. .............. .

Found this picture that was bigger Erich, I think its the same one you posted.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 382
yes good job P on the pics !

1st and 3rd images are the same ZG 76 crate M 8 + EM

2nd image shows the standard four 2cm fit. the upper nose had the twin ports with aerodynamic covers in place.

a Nf testing the underbelly twin waffen pod which really pulled off the speed almost to the point with the big heavy antlers and radar inerts that it was hard to catch BC 4 engine bombers.

D ~ not sure if the 1/48th scale crate comes with the Flak 3.7cm or not ?? Jan would have to fill us in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back