Bf109 G-10 Yellow 7 IV Jg301

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ok got both the Rlm76 and the Aluminium done.
have since spent a bit more time on the seam on the oil cooler cover and nose, though they were not as bad as the picture suggests........ Honest !
RLM 76 is Vallejo acrylic No 153 pale grey blue and Aluminium is Humbrol enamel No191 mettalic aluminium

Picture 030.jpg

school is definately in! you are doing a great job with that karl! i will have step by step instructions for when i get off my butt and start mine....lol.

Bobbysocks

is there any way you can your fathers cine film spliced in some way so we can see the trueness of the Bf 109G-10 yellow 7 he shot down ? I know I am asking alot......

E ~ just 1-3 pics ?

Hey Karl. Just noticed something in checking my references. According to Prien and Rodeike's book on late 109's and with reference to the profile in post 1, WNr 491200 is a G-10/AS and the profile in this book shows this production block to not have the radio mast. The aerial wire runs from the top of the fin down to the top of the fuselage just behind the canopy unlike the profile in post 1 that has the mast.

I'm far from an expert on late 109's so hope someone can chime in to confirm the correct configuration.

Not also that I've posted a question on red 15 here: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/questions-kits-decals-tools-pilots/iv-jg-301-bf-109-g-10s-34679-3.html

Hey Karl. Just noticed something in checking my references. According to Prien and Rodeike's book on late 109's and with reference to the profile in post 1, WNr 491200 is a G-10/AS and the profile in this book shows this production block to not have the radio mast. The aerial wire runs from the top of the fin down to the top of the fuselage just behind the canopy unlike the profile in post 1 that has the mast.

I'm far from an expert on late 109's so hope someone can chime in to confirm the correct configuration.

Not also that I've posted a question on red 15 here: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/questions-kits-decals-tools-pilots/iv-jg-301-bf-109-g-10s-34679-3.html

you are reading my mind Andy, i intended to look into this very question now that the build is progressing !

the profile of yellow 7 came from bobbysocks after i contacted him for help with details, not sure where he got it from ?

Last edited:
ok here's the upper surface cammo done.

am going to go back and tone down the mottle a little it is a bit stark for my liking !

colours may look a bit off but that is my camera skills in bad lighting.

Picture 031.jpg

Picture 032.jpg

Picture 033.jpg

next up is the yellow/ red RV band

Should turn out well mate.
Have you got the book 'Augsburg's Late Eagles'? (I think that's the title - need to check).
If not, I'll have a squiz through it and see if there's anything there. If you haven't got it, let me know, and I'll send it to you, probably on a CD.

Karl

bobbysocks got the info off of yellow 7 because his own father Dale Karger of the 357th fg on 2nd of March 1945 shot the G-10 down, his gun-cam film shows details............we've chatted about this several times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back