Bf109 G-10 Yellow 7 IV Jg301

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
as part of my ongoing Jg301 theme i've started my next subject Revell's Bf109 G-10 of which i have two

and after swapping e-mails with bobbysocks i'm set on building one of my G-10's as yellow 7 from IV Jg301.
this aircraft flown by Harald Ruh was shot down by bobbysock's Dad Lt Dale Karger on March 2nd 1945.

ruh yellow 7.JPG

W.Nr 491200 was an Erla built machine, so had flat panel on the left of the engine cover and the usual slightly domed right hand side and also did not have the two small bumps on the lower nose behind the spinner.
this was replicated with plastic card and the bumps removed, but this was not done by me, another Jg301 fan on this forum kindly donated the kit complete with modifications to my stash a while ago after i contacted him about Jg301 machines !

Clipboard01.jpg

so i have already got all the large pieces together and am waiting for time to paint
upon further reasearch i have decieded to paint the lower wing surfaces aluminium but the wing tips, control surfaces will be RLM 76.
upper surfaces will be RLM 82/75 in the correct pattern for the type, i plan on painting and masking the yellow 7 and Andy has kindly agreed to make some W.Nr's for me

progress may be slow for a few weeks as being a Head Chef this time of year is a tad busy for me so please be patient.

Picture 019.jpg

Picture 020.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

Good stuff so far mate. BTW, those little 'bumps' were small intakes.

Terry, the bumps in this case were for the increased area for the oil cooler improvements so a bump or fairing was added to the lower front cowl, however it was not present on the Erla G-10 and needed to be removed from the G-10 version on the model.

Attachments

• Erla_G-10_Mods_1b_7080.jpg
    Erla_G-10_Mods_1b_7080.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Erla_G-10_Mods_2b_7093.jpg
    Erla_G-10_Mods_2b_7093.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 279
good selection I was hoping you could contact bobbysocks on this one. Roachie make sure you have the horizontal bar in blue NOT green over the two colour fuselage band. Nice profile though ..........

Looking good Karl. Will your bird have the long tail wheel strut and is it included in the Revell kit? If not, could you post how you did this. I have the Monogram G-10 with the small strut and I want to model an aircraft with the long strut. Many thanks.

Geo

Looking good Karl. Will your bird have the long tail wheel strut and is it included in the Revell kit? If not, could you post how you did this. I have the Monogram G-10 with the small strut and I want to model an aircraft with the long strut. Many thanks.

Geo

it's not included in the G-10 kit but is included in the Revell K-4 kit, which is the same G10 with some extra bits....may have a spare long strut wheel, if not it's easy to make up Geo.

Did i give you the long strut wheel Karl....can't remember now...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back