Blimey.....Vikings!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Just been watching The Time Team, where they showed some old viking swords and knives...the pattern worked into the knives that they tried after the old norsemen....and after some serious testing found out that, the steel that was used is their swords was just as bl**dy good as any steel used today!!!! :shock:

They also showed some not so very pleasant viking activities..... :( Boy....were we bad!

Last edited:
Lucky

From your post you seem to be dissacociating yourself from the Vikings, I thought they ca,e from Skandinavia, I think there should be an education programme to ensure you and Biker Babe dont lapse into such behaviour again.

Oh...I'm proud over my forefathers, don't get me wrong, even if they were, sometimes.......missunderstood!

Lucky

From your post you seem to be dissacociating yourself from the Vikings, I thought they ca,e from Skandinavia, I think there should be an education programme to ensure you and Biker Babe dont lapse into such behaviour again.

*succinctly* Pardon me sir, I was born in Greenland, from a family of german and greenlandic folks! :lol:
There's no viking in my blood - only merchants and bear hunters. :D
(Erm...to tell you the absolute truth, there could also be some danish sailors or carpenters mixed in there, I don't know - so the viking thing could be a part of the family without me knowing it. ;) )

They also showed some not so very pleasant viking activities..... :( Boy....were we bad!

vikingv.jpg

*succinctly* Pardon me sir, I was born in Greenland, from a family of german and greenlandic folks! :lol:
There's no viking in my blood - only merchants and bear hunters. :D
(Erm...to tell you the absolute truth, there could also be some danish sailors or carpenters mixed in there, I don't know - so the viking thing could be a part of the family without me knowing it. ;) )

I was being a little silly bikerbabe wheras its possible to ask someone about their fathers behaviour when it comes to 1000 yrs its ridiculous. Going back only 4 generations and from names alone I have German Viking Dutch Flemmish and Old English ancestors, I suppose there was a helluva lot of unrestricted sex with no regard to contraception before the sixties.

And BTW dont try to whitewash Greenlands history it was known as "Whiteland" before the revisionists started :lol:

I was being a little silly bikerbabe wheras its possible to ask someone about their fathers behaviour when it comes to 1000 yrs its ridiculous. Going back only 4 generations and from names alone I have German Viking Dutch Flemmish and Old English ancestors, I suppose there was a helluva lot of unrestricted sex with no regard to contraception before the sixties.

And BTW dont try to whitewash Greenlands history it was known as "Whiteland" before the revisionists started :lol:

I was pullin' yer leg, man! ;) :lol:
And LOL@the Revisionists. :rofl:

Funny you should start this thread....I just finished watching "How To Train Your Dragon". Pretty good movie, actually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back