Blue 7, 4./JG 301

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
Anyone want to tackle this crate ? Wayne gave inspiration by doing up my cousins mount but here are a couple of pic' s that can be enlarged for clarity. this crate was shot to piece's on the same date as my cousin's craft and his death on 26 November 1944.

please note the details which are interesting about this Fw 190A-9, besides it being a pretty new bird.

so any takers ?

Erich

Attachments

• CPicturesa9r11jg301.jpg
    CPicturesa9r11jg301.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 141
D*mn tempting Erich, d*mn tempting. But, I think that I'll leave this one to one of the more experienced chaps to do her justice, otherwise I'd jump at the chance....8)

Same here ,I've got an A-5 under construction maybe when I've got more experience with the airbrush Il do it

Erich I still want to tackle a few more JG301 machines as I have done 2 from II Gruppe now in White and Red.....want to do a Blue and possibly a Yellow numbered A-8 or A-9 with at least one with reversed bands!....and that doesn't even include D-9's or Ta152's!

May do Blue 7? would do it in a hearbeat if it had the white bar!

Also want to consider Vollert's White 1 sitting along side White 2 just before take off Nov 26.....

Please move your project along a bit faster.....Please!:p :D

on another point...Blue 7's W.Nr 202565 doesn't fit the A-9 listings?...202360 - 202450 is this a typo?

wish I could get a decent shot of an A-8/R2 of III. gruppe up but that will have to wait. Wayne, no the werke nummer is correct, have checked two different source materials for Blue 7.

guess I could post up red 5 Dora 9 of 6./JG 301 during spring of 45 ............................... ah no I won't :D

Do you have any details on her colouring Erich? And of the machine itself- being an R-11 did she retain any of the antenna or antenna mounts? Ta 152 tail? (I'd love to do an A-9 with that tail!).
Did I understand that right about it's missing the antenna pulley? So only the pulley mount remained, and the antenna wire hung slack?

Wayne, no the werke nummer is correct, have checked two different source materials for Blue 7.

guess I could post up red 5 Dora 9 of 6./JG 301 during spring of 45 ............................... ah no I won't :D

Not surprised about the W.Nr, after all 206000 is not in the blocks either!
So another piece to the puzzle!:D

....Tease!:p

this is an early A9 - delivered in Sept/October of 44 to I. gruppe. I would say that Wayne did a spot on treatment of my cousins white 2, Fw 190A-9 so very similar in color. Note the Blue 7 has the flat canopy we mostly see on A-8's. plugged outter 2cm cannon ports. no tall tail of the Ta 152.

Wayne so much for references which many times are lacking

Wayne, and guys, if interested in some of the odd-ball A-9 wrk. numbers go to Andrew Arthy's Fw 190 web-site, he has a listing, even of JG 301 in part one, the 202 weirdo numbers are covered

Thanks Erich! She sounds interesting, especially with the unusual support braces to the head armour too...
Wayne or Wojtek would definitely do a much better job of her than me, but might give her a go anyway after the Me 163 and He 162 if I have time...

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back