Bored Troops Iraq

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

horseUSA

Administrator
Staff
Admin
Mod
Mar 10, 2003
Florida, USA
ww2aircraft.net
Couple of vids of troops passing time.

Attachments

• targetpractice_118.wmv
    575.1 KB · Views: 113
  • grenadewash_155.wmv
    824.7 KB · Views: 99
Oh boy, this ought to be interesting! 8) I remember the mischief we caused when we got bored, and we weren't in the desert!

One story of bored night shift guys from the cold war:
My buddy drove the line trucks with airplane avionics parts to shuttle them to different aircraft for swap out and would take the bad ones down to the Nav shop for repair.

One night, as was common, the night shift was quiet. There were alot of old french fighters that were shifted around the base in those days to show in satellite photos that we actually had more airplanes than we really did (True, we had probably 50-60 of these dead birds). The planes had not flown in years and most were just empty airframes that looked real enough for Soviet reconnaissance satellites.

Anyway, my buddy and the other guy in the truck thought up a diversion for the nightshift. All of the static fighters had red stars on the tails by the next morning! The funniest thing is that they stayed that way for several weeks while they tried to find out who did it. They never did!

To make it even funnier, someone else was sent to paint the stars over with green paint. That is exactly what they did, now all the red stars were green!

I wanted to get a picture, but I didn't have a flightline photo pass. If I had gotten caught taking a picture on the line, I would have been in a lot of trouble. I did sneak some other pictures on the line once though.

evangilder said:
Anyway, my buddy and the other guy in the truck thought up a diversion for the nightshift. All of the static fighters had red stars on the tails by the next morning! The funniest thing is that they stayed that way for several weeks while they tried to find out who did it. They never did!

And you probably gave some very bored GRU officer in Moscow a laugh! :lol:

It was funny, but I was not involved, except maybe as an accessory. I knew who did it, bit I sure wasn't gonna rat out my bud. I would have been proud to say I did it, if I had. I could imagine the Soviet intel guy looking at the shots, wondering hw we got Russian planes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back