Bovington Tank Museum 2011

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great museum as well. Unfortunately I no longer have pictures. When I went to the museum it was before the age of digital pictures and my pictures were lost in a move.

Oh well that just means I have to go back and see it again...

i remember seeing somewhere that the Tiger I was captured intact after a lucky shot grazed the underside of the main gun and jammed the turret ring causing the crew to bail out thinking the damage was greater than it was.
i wondered later in the day why i didnt see it actually !!!!

Didn't it (the restored Tiger) suffer an engine fire/blowup or something similarily damaging post restoration - I think they put a Maybache or Catapiller deisel in it for safeties sake after that.

It's just as well the war didn't go better for them and last another few more years, the Germans engineers were working on gas/shaft turbine powered engines for their tanks hoping for 47'/48' introduction - envisioning more power, less wieght per power, more fuel space, more fuel thirsty but similar operating range.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread