Brett Favre may be coming back to the NFL (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Brett, please just go away. I luv ya, but you're wearing me out!

Michael Vick? Kinda surprised, but he did pay his debt to society. One thing for sure. If I were an NFL GM, I would never sign him.

TO

Part of me wants to say that he did his time and everyone deserves a 2nd chance (well almost anyone...). The other part of me says he got off way to easy because he is a celebrity. If it had been you or me, we would still be paying or doing time.

I certainly would not sign him, and I hope my team does not even consider it.

As for Favre, I wish he would go away as well. When he first retired, I was a bit said. I figured the NFL would not be the same without him. In my opinion he is the last of the real QB greats (Montana, Young, Marino, Elway, etc...). Now though, I am just sick and tired of it. I want him to retire and stay retire.

I think after a tryout if Vick's skills haven't diminished much he is going to be back in someones lineup.
If the team that signs him goes to the Superbowl or deep into the playoff all will be forgiven, IMO.

Wheels

I don't think he can hack a full season. Look at last season, he was hampered with injuries.

Favre is an all time great QB and a Hall of Famer for sure, but now he is just a mere shell of himself. Ever seen the movie "The Wrestler"? That is what he is turning into.

It's a shame, he needs to stay retired and quit making a mockery of himself.

Vikings, Superbowl, that there is pretty funny I don't care who you are.
Local newspaper reports that Farve is doing Sears commercials poking fun at himself and that he is still not sure if he wants to play.
Co-worker thinks he is waiting as long as he can so he misses out on training camp? That doesn't make any sense to me?
I think if he is truly undecided this late in the game you better just stay retired and let someone younger and a better feel for what they want to do play the game.

Personally I think it is all a conspiracy so he can get back into good graces with the Packers fan base. get those drooling Vikings fans all worked up, then at the last minute say he isn't going to play and make them mad. OK, where did I put my tin foil hat?

Co-worker thinks he is waiting as long as he can so he misses out on training camp? That doesn't make any sense to me?

That would not surprise me. Not saying it is true, but fact is that his throwing arm is shot and his shoulder is hurt. He just had surgery on it as well. He no longer has the arm strength that he did when he was younger (not trying to take away from the man, but age gets us all). I don't think he has the arm strength to play a full season.

If that is the case, he is just trying to keep his strength longer through the season. Throw out the training camp and he can go a bit longer.

No Farve for Vikings fans. This just reported on the local news web-site

Childress: Favre is staying retired

Childress: Favre staying retired

Vikings beat reporter Judd Zulgad just received a phone call from Brad Childress who said he talked to Brett Favre and that he was informed that Favre is staying retired

Childress cited the daily grind both mentally and physically as part of the reason why Favre remained retired.

"I just think it was a rare opportunity to explore a Hall of Fame quarterback who had background in the NFC and in this division," Childress said. "He knows our system inside out … This doesn't change anything about how I feel about our football team."

Favre is now officially retired....sorta....well, maybe....well, at least until...ENOUGH ALREADY! As someone suggested earlier, don't put tarnish on a brilliant career, Brett; its time to hang it up.

Btw, thanks for the info on Otto, Wheelsup. I didn't know he was having those kind of health problems.

Give it up Brett. He is not coming back. The media just needs a story and Favre and the Vikings need some press as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back