Brett Favre may be coming back to the NFL

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just heard fromco-workers the BF is supposedly on a plane headed towards the Twin Cities. I'm so sick of Farve that if he does come I will not watch another Vikings game.
Wonder how it makes the other 2 quarterbacks in camp feel about competing for a starting position all through training camp and then have this joker come in and just take things over? Maybe they know in advace, but I doubt it.
He needs to just stay away and enjoy retirement.

Here we go.

Reports: Favre to sign with Vikings today

WCCO-TV is reporting that a high-level source with the Minnesota Vikings tells the station's Mark Rosen that quarterback Brett Favre is expected to sign with the team today.

Favre is on currently on his way to Minneapolis and is expected to sign with the team this afternoon, the station adding, citing its source.

Reports: Favre to sign with Vikings today | StarTribune.com

It's all I've been hearing on the radio at work today. I never really cared for Farve, seemed pretty arrogant and premandonna'ish in interviews. And always hated the pout he put up on the sidelindes after he threw a stupid interception or was about to loose a game.
Not taking away from his ability as a player, just my personal feelings.

Last edited:
Couple things about Brett.....

Always liked him, no doubt about it, he's a Hall of Famer.

Liked his "gunslinger" mentality.

Didn't like it when he took a dive for his buddy Strahan, to give him the "record" for QB sacks.

Tired of his retirement/un-retirement antics.

I can name ten (10) all-time QBs better than him (in no specific order).....

Unitas
Starr
Montana
Brady
Bradshaw
Aikman
Manning (Peyton)
Staubach
Elway
Marino

TO

Couple things about Brett.....

Always liked him, no doubt about it, he's a Hall of Famer.

Liked his "gunslinger" mentality.

Unitas
Starr
Montana
Brady
Bradshaw
Aikman
Manning (Peyton)
Staubach
Elway
Marino

TO

I like your list but reminded another couple of thousand QB's played over the years. Adding him to that list just makes it easy to get number 11 and not ever be disappointed for the next 10-15 years. I would have a hard time rationalizing arguing for any one of the (11) over another one. And somewhere Otto Graham, Norm Van Brocklin, Sammy Baugh and Bob Waterfield has to slip into the subconscious

Last edited:
And somewhere Otto Graham, Norm Van Brocklin, Sammy Baugh and Bob Waterfield has to slip into the subconscious

All good ones for sure. They were before my time with one exception. I did see Norm Van Brocklin's last game when he became the only QB to defeat a Lombardi coached Packer team in an NFL championship game.

TO

I think Madden Football has already anounced and upgrade to Madden 2009 that will include Favre. I wonder if it will have a on/off Retirement button on Favre's options? Press B once to retire, twice to un-retire;)

I like it.
If you push it over and over again you will get the same effect as real life.
Just be careful not to push it too fast or you might get confused whether your retired or not.
Oh wait, that's just like real life.
That will work then too. :)

Wheels

Tired of his retirement/un-retirement antics.

Unitas
Starr
Montana
Brady
Bradshaw
Aikman
Manning (Peyton)
Staubach
Elway
Marino

TO

Agreed, I am tired of his bullshit. I hope the Pack take him out in October when they play.

About your list though?????

1. What the hell is Aikman doing on the list? He does not come close to being as good as Brett Favre.

2. Where the hell is Young???? He was 100% better than Favre.

You put Aikman, Brady and Elway on the list, but not Young?????

I like it.
If you push it over and over again you will get the same effect as real life.
Just be careful not to push it too fast or you might get confused whether your retired or not.
Oh wait, that's just like real life.
That will work then too. :)

Wheels
:lol: I like Favre but this is hilarious!

Anyway, Favre isn't going to be very good considering he missed all of training camp.

Agreed, I am tired of his bullshit. I hope the Pack take him out in October when they play.

About your list though?????

1. What the hell is Aikman doing on the list? He does not come close to being as good as Brett Favre.

2. Where the hell is Young???? He was 100% better than Favre.

You put Aikman, Brady and Elway on the list, but not Young?????

I knew a Niner fan would get on me about Young. :)

The ten QBs I listed are not necessarily my top ten of all time, just ten off the top of my head that IMO are better than Favre. I agree, you can put Young on the list.

You've got a point about Aikman, it's arguable, but he's got three championships and was not nearly as reckless as Favre. Some rate Aikman lower because they say he had a great supporting cast at Dallas. My answer to that is a question.....

What QB who won three or more rings DIDN'T have great teams around them?

Answer: NONE

And Brady and Elway are better than Young. Young played on better teams than Elway and Brady probably still has a couple more championships left in him. Brady could maybe (emphasize maybe) end up as the greatest ever.

TO

Anyway, Favre isn't going to be very good considering he missed all of training camp.

3 weeks of training camp are not going to effect a great QB who has been playing for 20 years....

I knew a Niner fan would get on me about Young. :)

The ten QBs I listed are not necessarily my top ten of all time, just ten off the top of my head that IMO are better than Favre. I agree, you can put Young on the list.

You've got a point about Aikman, it's arguable, but he's got three championships and was not nearly as reckless as Favre. Some rate Aikman lower because they say he had a great supporting cast at Dallas. My answer to that is a question.....

What QB who won three or more rings DIDN'T have great teams around them?

Answer: NONE

And Brady and Elway are better than Young. Young played on better teams than Elway and Brady probably still has a couple more championships left in him. Brady could maybe (emphasize maybe) end up as the greatest ever.

TO

Actually with Aikman, you can use the supporting cast arguement. Look at his statistics and how he played. He was not a great technical QB. He was a great leader and could manage a game well, but he does not deserve to considered one of the best QBs.

Elway better than Young? No way! If Young had started as many years as Elway his stats would be more comparative. Brady? I seriously doubt that he is technically better than Young. You could argue it though.

I don't base this off of Super Bowl wins.

Young had a strong arm, was the most accurate QB of modern times, and he could scramble. The NFL has not seen a QB that could throw and run since Young until Vick came along.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back