British TV program question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hunter368

Tech Sergeant
Nov 5, 2005
Winnipeg
I used to watch this great British comedy TV program years ago on PBS. I can't remember its name but I am hoping someone else here will.

It was in WW2, France and the main people ran this bar or hotel on France. German troops would come into it and it was a very very funny show.

Anyone know of it or remember its name?

Briish agent disguised as police office who could'nt speak French
"the bimmers are pissing over the town" great series 368

Are you sure its not the French restuarant owner in Occupied France who was doing the waitress and his old lady with bumbling Nazi's around. Just saw this Brit-Com a while ago.

Ugh! I can't stand Allo Allo!

Do yourself a favour, and get some funny British comedy:

Only Fools and Horses
Porridge
Fawlty Towers
Red Dwarf
Open All Hours
League of Gentlemen

There's plenty around, old and new, but Allo Allo? *shudder* :mad:

Ja - Oberleutnant Gruber und seine kleine panzer. He vas so much nicer than all zose nasty rough SS boys!

I'm a sucker for British comedy. Beats American comedy virtually any day.

The only brit comedy I think I've ever seen was Monty Python, which I apparently didn't get at all. Oh - Mr Bean I thought was hilarious back in the day when it was on HBO.

I'm open to any good recommendations on movies or series that have been popular and may be in the international section of a rental place.

Funnily enough, mkloby, it's normally only women that don't get Monty Python... :|

Grim Reaper: "I'm sick of you Americans all you do is talk, talk, talk. It's always 'I've got something to say' and 'let me tell you something' well let me tell YOU something, you're all dead!"

Funnily enough, mkloby, it's normally only women that don't get Monty Python... :|

Grim Reaper: "I'm sick of you Americans all you do is talk, talk, talk. It's always 'I've got something to say' and 'let me tell you something' well let me tell YOU something, you're all dead!"

Oh, hell it's on! :twisted:

Have you noticed all these great brit comedies are all at least 15 years old?
The newest blockbuster brit comedy is "Little Britain" which, really, we should be ashamed of. The most British out there now is probably "Have I Got News For You". So damned satirical...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back