Brooks' Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seems to be working fine. May need a little tweaking here and there but for the most part it's just fine.:D
IMG_3234 resize 25.jpg

IMG_3242 resized 25.jpg

Cool Aaron, looks like you're back in business!

Great closeup of the spider, too! :thumbleft:

That plant on the porch, in your first photo would make a great close up, especially of one of the leaves against a darker background...perhaps with a soft morning light on them.

The plants don't like the sun very much but your rite, a soft sunlight shot would be cool. The spider is just cool. She snared a bug. I tried to shoot the action,( that was a joke) I got a very faint blur and that was it, but yes I'm back in action!!!!!!!:headbang:

If you remember my photo of the Poinsettia leaf with the raindrops (smaller version attached)...that was taken late morning on an overcast day. If you look at the raindrops, you can see the light from the clouds reflected in them. How I got the effect of the leaf emerging from the shadows, was a faster shutter speed.

In basic terms: If the light is striking the subject and there is a darker background, a faster shutter speed only allows a certain amount of light in. So whatever is in the background fades away since there's not as much light.

In reality, there was another plant behind the Pointsettia with a brown deck lattice behind that. It's all about the art of illusion! :lol:

Attachments

• IMGP6322-sm.jpg
    IMGP6322-sm.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 83
Coool!! Thanks, I will try to remember that. I have a mind like a sieve.:lol: Oh, and I'm leaving in the morning for Wise to try and get some photos of the battle reenactment. It's about a forty five minute drive so it's not far. The battle doesn't take place until 5:30 P.M. and looks to be done in the middle of town. Hopefully I can find other cool stuff to shoot while I wait the day, trains, trucks, bugs, barns............... who knows.:)

Battle re-enactments are interesting to shoot. I did my first one a few years ago. I edited my photos with monochrome and sepia for a more vintage look. It works if you keep the pickup trucks and other modern things out of the photos. :shock:

GG brought up some good points about light and shadows. And keep in mind that sometimes movement to the right or left can produce very different results in the photo. The good thing about flowers is that they don't move, so you can walk around them and watch the light as it strikes the different surfaces.

Also remember that different times of the day have different lighting conditions. Dusk lighting is always interesting because the light is softer, and it produces long shadows.

It was a long day yesterday. Up at 6:00AM and went to bed at 3:00 AM this morning. Found a neat barn.
IMG_3254 resized 25.jpg

ATTACH]99252[/ATTACH] It will take me a little while to sort through the 420 photos I took yesterday. The battle was fought in the middle of town so keeping the modern stuff out was a bit impossible. The town police would not let me move around like they did some of the other photographers so I had to do the best I could with what I could get.

Attachments

• IMG_3255 resized 25.jpg
    IMG_3255 resized 25.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Hey, I am sure glad you got your camera back. Those pictures are great. I really like the barn. Can't waite to see the reenactment pictures. Glad to have you back in action.

GG, great shot of the poinsettia. Sure enough you can see the clouds in the drops. :shock:

Thanks guys. I will try to get into CS this week and see what I can do with it. I just got in from helping a friend move. Another long day. Works going to be tough tomorrow. Again, thank you all for the help and encouragement.:oops:

Fourth picture down...completely badass!

You did an awesome job of catching the cannon's discharge! :thumbleft:

The other photos are excellent, but number 4 is the winner!

Yeah, I got a couple of those. Had to clean the gun powder off the end of my lens and I'm not kidding! That was a h#ll of a blast!:shock::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back