Brooks' Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Please let me say, Aaron that you have already got a professional sense of photographer.
Awesome, really awesome...you can live on it!

Big improvment Aaron IMHO first shot is better than the second as the barn is closer to one third of the images total area and I like the positioning being not slp bang in the middle, however I still think if shot 1subjet (barn and hedge filled the frame more it would be the better of the two . Im not saying that the thirds rule always works as things like aircraft tend to be record shots so the subject matter in general rules the frame.
The second from last shot lacks a focal point when you first look at the pcture your eye dances around I found my eye bouncing between the clump of trees and the building and telegraph pole to the left.
I certainly dont get it right as often as I would like Aaron and what looks good in the view finder has a habit of not looking so good in print this is because we see in stereo and apart from Plate and waiste level view finders we have to compose with one eye. LCD screens lack contrast and unless you fit a pop up hood suffer from light bleed during daylight In general they also tend to be rather small and use up battery power having said all that you have made a good job with the barn shot I like it. The window in the barn reminds me of a shot by Eugen Smith although most of his work was Portriats as here IMO hes one of the top 10 photographers of the last century W. Eugene Smith
If it was easy it would be boring Aaron thats the reason I love Photography

Last edited:
Please let me say, Aaron that you have already got a professional sense of photographer.
Awesome, really awesome...you can live on it!
Thank you Shinpachi. I don't think I could live very long off of it though.
My focal point was the distant mountain ridge in the distance. But with the high humidity they barely show up in the shot. Maybe with a little PS I can fix that. Thank you for pointing that out Lee.
Well done, Aaron. It makes a big difference when the sun is lighting up your subject, as opposed to back-lighting it. They both have their place in composition, but these came out very nice.
Thank you Eric. I took a slight risk walking out on posted property but I didn't want those stinkin power lines in the shot. Again, Thank all of you for browsing and critiquing, you have helped a lot and it keeps driving me to do better.

...I took a slight risk walking out on posted property but I didn't want those stinkin power lines in the shot. Again, Thank all of you for browsing and critiquing, you have helped a lot and it keeps driving me to do better.
Aaron, hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd post a couple photos that would directly relate to you're "power line" comment

You may recall my barn photo from some time back. It had a power line in the corner, and some other issues.

I ran it through PhotoShop and did a little "cleaning up" so I could use the image in a publication and a video. You can compare the two images (I made copies for this post @ 640x480) and see what you can actually do with PhotoShop

Attachments

• IMGP0286-rs.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMGP0286-ed.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 73
GG, I'm still a novice with PS and there were six heavy lines that ran across the barn from the road so I just went and stood directly beneath them. And as was apparent when I got there, I r-e-a-l-l-y needed the exercise. I thought about PSing them out but it took less time to walk up the hill. I still love the barn shot of your's. The setting is spectacular.

To quote Eric: "the clone brush is your friend..."

When you edit an image use the Save As feature, creating a copy. Copy to your heart's content...you screw one up, try again. Just like anything, wether you're trying to take a crease out of a quarter panel, learning to pilot an aircraft or simply messing with photoshop, it take practice!

There are so many things in this area that I live in that would make excellent photo material if it were not for the cell phone towers, the power lines , or peoples rubbish in general, but what do you do.

I do my best with Clone but I'm not very good at it, some of the other guys on here are teriffic.
Ive been asking Eric if he can Clone a playboy girl for me but he keeps refusing

Sorry I haven't posted any more photos of the airshow but I've been working really hard on my El Camino in the evenings and have not had much time to spare. I will try to get some doctored enough to post this weekend. There are some shots of a Pit Special, a Yak 55 and a J-3 . Again, I apologize for the delay.

If I can get up early enough in the morning there is another airshow in Tazewell, VA. It's about an hour and twenty minutes away. Don't know what will be there but the boss gave me the day off soooooooooooo!!!! I know, I still haven't posted the rest from the last show. There needs to be 48 hrs. in a day.

Users who are viewing this thread