Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The first one is a nice bank angle. If I can make a suggestion though, try and stay with a uniform size when you resize. For portrait orientation, 480x640 is best for screen viewing. For landscape orientation about 750 pixels wide is a good size. It's best to try and not go over 1024 wide because some folks still have smaller screens.

I honestly don't remember editing that shot. I've been working on the second shot, cropping, black and white, and seppia. Still haven't gotten the effect I'm after but I'll get it eventually. Oh, and Eric, you were rite. I can't get away from that program. It's almost as bad as horsepower to me!:lol:

Just love that 51 banking around.

Errrrrr, you have some more to show us dontchya ?

Ok, I have no hair left but I think I've got it presentable. (just my opinion and we all know what there like) :lol: Hope you all like it. :oops:
IMG_4421-P-51-Quick-Sliver-.gif

I know its cheating but a stock set of cloud images in a background folder is very handy for these type of shots with a bit of cut, and layering you can replace a bland sky that spoils an otherwise really nice texture and building image.(well done Aaron)
I have about 20 that I took at various times when ever I see an interesting cloud formation I take it and file it away for later use. even images of surfaces like canvas,hessian etc if layered as an almost transparent screen over say a portriat can give interesting effects. it use to be done alot in the days of monochrome flim printing but is much easier with Pshop etc.

you are starting to get the touch Aaron . I can tell before you press the button you are starting to observe everything in the frame not just the subject and as such your composition is improving

Of the three images I like the first the best as the thirds rule is very nearly met but IMHO in the last image if you filled the frame with the barn a bit more(one third) Grass another third and layered a cloudy sky the last third it would be stunning
the building is really interesting and a nicely observered subject good job mate

...Of the three images I like the first the best as the thirds rule is very nearly met but IMHO in the last image if you filled the frame with the barn a bit more(one third) Grass another third and layered a cloudy sky the last third it would be stunning the building is really interesting and a nicely observered subject good job mate
Agreed!

Aaron, if you go back a little ways, you'll find the photos of the barns you took in your post #269.

See how those barn shots have great cloud structures against the bright blue sky and compare them to these current ones.

I looked at all 29 pages and enjoyed all of it....Geat job Aaron.:thumbup::thumbleft::thumbright:
Thank you Doughboy. I've come a long way but still have a long way to go.
Agreed!

Aaron, if you go back a little ways, you'll find the photos of the barns you took in your post #269.

See how those barn shots have great cloud structures against the bright blue sky and compare them to these current ones.
Yeah, the sun came out so I went back and got some more, see what you think.
Oh man I like barns, gives me a ancestral feeling. 8) :cry:
Glad you like them Ontos. There are a lot of them around here and as I find them I try to get a shot.
Good stuff Aaron!
Thank you Gnomey, glad you like em.
Ok, went back when the sun came out and redid the barn. Tried to get the same angles but the vultures were gone. The second shot is half way up the hill. Had to keep the power lines out of the shots. :)
IMG_4484 resized 25.jpg

IMG_4481 resized 25.jpg

IMG_4477 resized 25.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back