Brooks' Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You know, Aaron, if I could get students to listen and heed as well as you do to advice from others, I might consider teaching. ;) You have made some real progress on your photography, impressive progress.

Ontos, my first camera was a Polaroid, with the big film pack that you had to time for x seconds before peeling the photo out of the packet that came out of the camera. Good times!

Sounds like you and I had the same camera Eric. I hated to have to time those pictures. Some jerk I went to school with, burglarized my house when I was in Nam and stole the camera, luckily the Long Beach Police caught him and got my camera back from a Pawn Shop. It served me well.

I don't know what became of mine. It got a lot of use before I went to some 126 pocket cameras, some 35mm point and shoots and finally a 35mm SLR film camera. I am sure that when I went into the Air Force, my mom probably donated it to Goodwill. It would be neat to have it again, but it would just sit on a shelf collecting dust now.

Lee, if you are referring to the almost head-on of the Impala, I'm not sure I took that shot. My boss took a few and that might be on of the ones that he shot. I know he took the one of the left front corner with the 427 emblem in it. Just not sure I can take credit for the second shot in that set though.:oops: Thank you Evan. If I did not enjoy the photography thing I probably would not head the advice as well as I do. I just wish my memory was better than it is. I have always had a lousy retention ability and it can get real frustrating sometimes. I really do appreciate all the advice that you all have given over the past year or so. It has made this hobby much more enjoyable. Thank you all!:oops: :notworthy:

I forgot I took some more shots of the Road Runner today. Got the car so slick you can actually see the towel lint on the surface. And my ugly mug shows up all to well.:oops: Since you all have seen it last it has been shot with three more coats of paint and wet sanded and buffed. Oh, and I pulled in to the quik stop this morning and look who I saw parked on the front glass.:lol:
IMG_3760 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3761 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3762 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3755 cropped and resized 25.jpg

IMG_3757 cropped and resized 25.jpg

Last edited:
Chevrolet!!?? :shock: My eyes.....MY EYES! Like the '63 Impala SS though...wait..

Mopar!

Now we're talking!

A 392 Hemi please, or 426, maybe even one with crossram...

Now, be a good lad. :lol: Great shots mate!:thumbright:

Last edited:
Is that your reflection in the body panel Aaron? why you're almost as good looking as me
dont ask Erics opinion hes seen a couple of shots of me and said he was suprised that they made camera lenses that could take that sort of abuse:D

moths are looking good my friend

Chevrolet!!?? :shock: My eyes.....MY EYES! Like the '63 Impala SS though...wait..

Mopar!

Now we're talking!

A 392 Hemi please, or 426, maybe even one with crossram...

Now, be a good lad. :lol: Great shots mate!:thumbright:

Love that Roadrunner! Good catch on the moth, you got both sides.

Say Aaron did you use a Macro Lens or the Macro setting on the camera? those are great. Love the Runner.

Is that your reflection in the body panel Aaron? why you're almost as good looking as me
dont ask Erics opinion hes seen a couple of shots of me and said he was suprised that they made camera lenses that could take that sort of abuse:D

moths are looking good my friend

Lucky, the Road Runner will get a 530 cubic inch aluminum HEMI with two four barrels and a four speed. We have about three weeks worth of sanding and buffing in the paint job and I'm quite proud of the surface quality.
Thank you Eric.
Ontos, I tried the close up setting but it wouldn't focus so I went to the P setting which is the programmable setting and dialed it in.
Lee, that is me and there is no hope for me. If you are anywhere near as ugly as me, yourrrr hurtin.:lol:

Beware the Photoshop, my friend. It will suck hours of time from you and suck you in. The addiction is worse than heroine and there is no cure or antidote.

But it sure is a great program! The good news is that there are ton of sites with tutorials to do darn near anything, except get an intervention. ;)

Dang...that paint job is awesome! I swear I'm gonna bring my BMW out there and have you guys work it over...incredible!

Nice macro on the moth, I always thought those "fern" antennas were cool looking...

And Eric's right, Photoshop will suck you in, man! :lol: Be prepared to spend alot of time with it :thumbright:

Beware the Photoshop, my friend. It will suck hours of time from you and suck you in. The addiction is worse than heroine and there is no cure or antidote.

But it sure is a great program! The good news is that there are ton of sites with tutorials to do darn near anything, except get an intervention. ;)

Dang...that paint job is awesome! I swear I'm gonna bring my BMW out there and have you guys work it over...incredible!

Nice macro on the moth, I always thought those "fern" antennas were cool looking...

And Eric's right, Photoshop will suck you in, man! :lol: Be prepared to spend alot of time with it :thumbright:

Guys, I already need to use it. Went to the Vintage Auto and Air Show at the Abingdon Airport today and got the shock of a lifetime. Quick Silver (P-51) and Paradise (T-6) were there, got some great shots but they are loaded with dust specks:evil: I can't win for loosing:cry: Here's a taste of what I got today.
IMG_4421 resized 25.jpg

IMG_4385 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3950 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3942 resized 25.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back