Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, these are more from the show a couple of weeks ago. The first set is the YAK-55 piloted by Roger Marshall from Mooresville, NC. Oh, and my pan shots are going to take a LOT MORE PRACTICE!!

Ok, now for the J-3 Cub. This guy flies drunk I think. He also throws a dummy (no not me) out of the plane. Scared a lot of people cause they actually sent two ambulance crews screaming down the runway after it while he kept flying around. The gentleman who flies it goes by the name of Baron Von Ground Loop. I believe his name is actually Johnny White. The vulture about did the cub in at one point and the two little boys looked like they where having a lot of fun but had to move back behind the rope.

Last edited:
Bl**dy nice shots Aaron! Those country roads shout for an old car or motorcycle! Hmmmm....'49 Mercury convertible or '47 Indian Chief anyone? Btw, makes you wonder what treasures there's hidden away in barns like that! 8)

Keep 'em coming mate!

Really cool photos!

You almost had that pan shot, just a little bit more practice and I think you'll have it down!

Um...I bet those Ambulance drivers weren't too amused by that stunt. Looks like a good time, though!

They were in on it. What made it funny was seeing everyone look in horror as the dummy hit the ground.

looks interesting to say the least Aaron
good job thanks for the pics

Good catch on the falling man.

They kept the acrobatic planes too far away to get decent shots of them in the air most of the time and I wish I could have gotten the dummy as he pushed it out of the plane but I was talking to my dad as he pushed it out. I need a lot more practice with the camera itself to tap into things I haven't used yet to better the images I'm taking. Thank you for the comments gentlemen and thank you for taking the time to browse.

We all have a lot to learn Aaron anyone who says they know it all is very disilusioned thats what make photograpthy so great its a constant learning process every picture you take you glean a bit more from.
IMO you are coming along very nicely If I look at you first postings and compare them to the work you are producing now the difference is very pronounced.
Im impressed

"sometimes I still get very frustrated because I can't get the effect I'm after"

Welcome to my world! You've seen the various attempts I've made at night shots with the moon...I still have yet to catch "that shot"...

Keep trying, or if you try a shot and it doesn't come out the way you want, change shutter sppeds or aperatures, and keep hitting the subject with different settings or angles until you get results. Maybe hard to do on things like moving aircraft or creatures, but don't take just one shot, take a few different ones.

For every decent shot I have (or you've seen), there has to be at least three or four others (or more) that didn't make the cut!

Here are some shots from the Tazewell airshow. The AT-6A belongs to Bob Ford who also flies the craft. The BT-13 Vultee Valiant to me was unreal. I'd never seen one before. I enjoyed it to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread