Brooks' Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Really nice shots!

Great closeups, too

Now...about that fire truck (bottom photo)...hopefully you got a good pic of it to post in our http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/off-topic-misc/fire-trucks-20194.html thread...

Nice job on the angles and close-ups, Aaron!

Thanks guys. I had a lot of fun at this event. The BT-13 was a real surprise. I don't know who the pilot is but he put her through her paces for a good show. Oh, and Dave, had I known we were going to have a fire truck thread I'd have gotten more shots. I only got one. Sorry.

Well....thats me out of a job !

Looks a good set there and I like the detailed close up shots. Looking for, and taking pics like those can come in very handy on a certain website

OK Dave, remember the shot I took of the plant on the front stoop. Well I got it out in the sun and took some photos like you suggested. The sun in the morning is to high up once it clears the mountains and trees so I used a tree for a filter. Let me know what you think.

Thanks guys. I wasn't quite sure how it was going to turn out. I was hoping for the sun to be a little softer but there was no haze today. Went out this evening and took some shots of the cloud formations.

Nice shots, I'd say the top of the two is my fav...very nice.

Be careful taking photos of clouds...it can be very addictive!

I started out years ago just taking shots of unique storm clouds...it turned into kind of a habit and I now have over 10 years worth of clouds of all types. (do not ask me how many...I really don't know!)

very good Aaron of those two sets I like the last of the plant images you have used the backlighting to great effect
and the landscapes its hard to pick from the first has a much better forground than the second but the second has a better sky bit of lyering practice in the making they mate

Either way keep up the good work your camera eye is getting better

Nice shots, Aaron

When I was a small boy, I saw a dozen of Texans at a local JSDF base.
They looked very huge for a eight years old boy and I believed they were real fighters.

Many thanks for sharing!

Triffic Triffid !

I see you've finally tipped over the edge with taking pics....plants, clouds....its downhill from now on you understand ! The Dark Side has you firmly in its grip...its great innit !

Thanks guys, and your welcome Shinpachi, and Gary, I've been going downhill all my life I just keep getting faster and faster. My biggest problem is deciding what to include in the shot and what to leave out while shooting the frame. Eventually it will get easier I suppose. If the weather co-operates tomorrow I may have a good area to shoot. Again, thank you all for the advice and complements.

Aaron, this may sound like a weird request, but bear with me...

Would you be able to take the plant, and set it up so the sun is shining down on the plant either from behind you or overhead, and a shaded area in the background? Perhaps out on the lawn, with shade trees beyond but doesn't have to be too shaded and you'll see why when you try this.

Then set your camera at shutter priority for 1/4000 (the aperature should follow down to about 5.6) with at least one of the leaves (or all) as your subject. If 4000 is too much, back off to about 3000 and see what happens.

I'll post an example over in my thread taken with 1/4000 (f5.6) with a comparison at 1/350 (f6.5)...I think you'll like the effect!
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/personal-gallery/graugeists-photos-17650-11.html#post547718

Last edited:
Just read your thread (wow, that just rhymed too good) and will try the settings out and see what happens. If I can get up early enough in the morning I'm going to try to catch the sunrise over the mountains in a certain place about 30 miles from here. Don't know what I'll come up with but the valley is huge with a mountain ridge a couple of miles away. If the clouds are just rite I may get a shot. Oh, almost forgot, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread