Brooks' Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Aaron, enjoy your photos here so thanks for posting them. I thought I'd seen someone here from Abingdon; did you see a notice for the fly-in at the little airport just up the highway this coming Saturday? The local paper had the story for the Mountain Empire Fly-In on 09/19/09 and they listed a P-51 as one of the handful of planes on display. Apparently, it was in Abingdon in July and i missed it then.
Anyhoo, just an FYI since it is a small venue and not a lot of advertising that I've seen.
Regards,
Derek

Indeed! The local paper listed the P-51 as "Quicksilver" out of Lewisburg, WV, or at least thats the direction google pointed me to. I'd really like to see it come in or take off from the airport so if i can find an approximate time i'll be sure to post that.
Later,
Derek

Quicksilver was at the Abingdon show. If my info is correct the plane was restored by Bill Yoak of Aerospace Specialties and is flown by his son, Scott "Scooter" Yoak who qualified at the age of 20 to fly it!:cool: If you would like to meet just let me know where and I will do my best to find you.:thumbleft: Again, thank you for the heads up on the show.:)

Hey Aaron, I hope the weather holds out for tomorrow so that Mustang can make the trip. I'll probably be there around 10 AM, the event runs from 9-5, and I'll wear a ball cap from my favorite community college; NRCC.
I'm hoping to have my lovely wife along with me, so she may be more noticeable than my fat head stuffed in a ballcap. :)

I called the airport but couldn't get a time frame for the arrival or departure of the warbird. (They had concerns about security, which i understand) But, I'm driving past there this evening on my way to a little soiree in Bristol, so I'll look to see if any craft are already there.
regards,
Derek

That's great Derek. I'll look for the hat next to the good looking woman.:lol: I've got an old army hat that I wear and will also have my Wild Turkey shirt on. It's dark burgundy, the hat's olive drab.

Fantastic shots Aaron, WOW, some more barns fantastic. Oh, I really like the river shots too. I not quite confident enough yet to try and mess with the color balance thingy. :lol: You are doing fantastic. :shock:

Had fun meeting up with you at the little airport today. After i got back to the house, I had to take a look at my old Jag since it was sending waves of heat from under the dash...I think maybe a valve to the heat exchange is stuck.
Did you happen to get any shots of the P-51 taking off? Lori and I enjoyed meeting you. We'll do this again sometime for sure. Have a good one!
Derek

Uhm.......errrrr........uuuuhhhhh.........hhhmmmmmmmm.......
IMG_5778 resized 25.jpg
uhm,

IMG_5779 resized 25.jpg
hhhhhhmmmmm,

IMG_5780 resized 25.jpg
errrrrrrr,

IMG_5781 resized 25.jpg
uuuuhhhhh,

IMG_5783 resized 25.jpg
um,

IMG_5784 resized 25.jpg
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......

IMG_5785 resized 25.jpg
yyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

IMG_5786 resized 25.jpg
hhhoooooooooooooooo.......

IMG_5788 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5791 resized 25.jpg

Ok, ....... now that I can speak again....I think. Derek, I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife. I hope we didn't bore her to much. I am going to try to explain how I lucked the $%@$$^%^% out today and got the ride of a lifetime. First off, I owe Bryan Carlton, Terry Schilson, and Keith Lineback a huuuuuuuuge THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! The weather sorta closed in on these guys and they couldn't fly home. Their backup ride home fell through so I offered them a ride back to North Carolina if all else failed and they took me up on it. Literally. I was out at the runway waiting for QuickSilver to take off when Terry came walking up with two headsets in his hands and asks, "Do you want to take a ride?"..........and I said "Does it get dark!!" At the moment I'm still on the moon,WOW. Bryan Carlton flew the T-28C, Terry Schilson flew the T-34B, and Keith Lineback flew the L-19.
IMG_5727 resized 25.jpg
Oh and Derek here is the photo of you and your wife.

Last edited:
Thank you Eric. I'm still laughing every time I think about it. They're coming to Lonesome Pine Airport in Wise, VA on Oct. 7th, 8th, and 9th so I will be out there then also. They did not have to give me the ride but I REEEEAAAAALLLLYYY appreciated it!! I did get some shots of Quick Silver on the ground. There might be some here that the modelers here might like.:oops:
IMG_5658 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5660 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5661 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5662 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5663 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5664 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5666 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5667 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5668 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5669 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5670 resized 25.jpg

IMG_5672 resized 25.jpg