Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure if you are referring moss or not Vic but here is a shot or two for you if in fact that is what you are referring to. Hugh, if I'm not mistaken, changing the F/stop effects the amount of light that is let in more than it does motion. Shutter speed dictates the sense of motion. The reason for such a low shutter speed in these shot was simple. My F/stop was as open as I could get it and I needed more light so I had to slow the shutter down to get it.

Attachments

• IMG_2639 Gentry Falls resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_2639 Gentry Falls resized 25 legal.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2627 Gentry Falls resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_2627 Gentry Falls resized 25 legal.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2626 Gentry Falls resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_2626 Gentry Falls resized 25 legal.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2622 Gentry Falls resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_2622 Gentry Falls resized 25 legal.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 73
Aaron, in the first photo, dead center...where the water is flowing over the rock...that right there is just about as kickass as it gets, my friend!!

Well done on that...matter of fact, if you were to copy and then crop that photo to draw that up into it's own image, it would be a stunner.

All are great shots, by the way :thumbleft:

Thank you guys.:oops: Eric, I had my ISO at 200 and the shutter speed varied between 1/6 and 1/30 of a second, and the F/stop was 3.5 to 4.0 if memory serves correct. I really had to concentrate on being as still as possible. The water fall shots were done with my tri-pod with the exception of the double waterfall shot. Dave, I lucked out on the rock shot. I didn't notice it until I got it on the computer screen but the water was running over the rock in a sheet and the light was playing off of it just right. What can I say.:dontknow: :) I get lucky every once in a while.:toothy5:

Excellent shots Aaron!

Water looks best on shutter speeds that are between 1/8 and 1/15 as it gives the impression of flow. F-stop can be adjusted to suit. Generally I slightly underexpose by shots because I feel dead on the metering in the camera can be a little bright.

Agree with Eric on the ISO. I won't usually use more than ISO 400 without flash.

Nice stuff Aaron, have you ever stopped to look at the differing textures of the moss, I think it's quite remarkable stuff.

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread to show you what I mean.

101012-1S.jpg

100724-A6.JPG

100724-B1.JPG

100724-B8.JPG

BTW, Sorry to mislead you but I was not actually referring to mosses, but mossies, Australian slang for the mosquitoes you were dodging when taking the photos. :p :p Sorry

Last edited:
Vic, the mossies were bypassing the camera and taking he direct rout to ME!:lol: Hugh, the area was to dark. These shots are actually underexposed tremendously but with the shutter speed where I had it they came out fair.:)

Oh and Vic, I do try to pay attention to the moss. I just didn't take the time to take any macro-images of it Sunday. Sorry. And Dave, let me know what you think of this. The photo was shot with F/stop at 3.5, shutter speed 1/10, ISO 200, at 18mm, and hand held. If you right click on the photo and click View Image and then click on the image again it will be at it's standard size.

Attachments

• IMG_2639 Gentry Falls resized 80 cropped legal.jpg
    IMG_2639 Gentry Falls resized 80 cropped legal.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Oh, and I finally finished buffing the Super Bee and we painted the GTX this week to. Been workin at it pretty hard.

Attachments

• IMG_2674 reised 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_2674 reised 25 legal.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2675 resized legal.jpg
    IMG_2675 resized legal.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2676 resized legal.jpg
    IMG_2676 resized legal.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2684 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_2684 resized 25 legal.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2689 resized legal.jpg
    IMG_2689 resized legal.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 54
Vic, thank you sir, the Super Bee is the one I did most of the paint work on and the boss did the GTX. Now I have to start sanding the GTX for it's final coats of clear and then start the buffing process again.
Thank you Glenn.
Eric, thank you sir, the motorcycle is a custom piece. There might be four ounces of filler in the entire thing, most of what you see is pure metal work. The bike owner did that part of it and the boss is doing the paint and art work. The purple is (Pavo Purple) House of Colors. It changes drastically when clear is applied over it.

Aaron, that's exactly what I was seeing in the original photo! Well done! :thumbleft:

Also agree with Eric on that purple paint job, really looks sharp! Reminds me of a paint job I did on a '40 Ford street rod project years ago, I shot the exterior and engine compartment in a DuPont mixed pastel color called Purple Aster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back