Canadair CL-13B (Sabre MK 6)of Bundesluftwaffe with Martin Baker ejection seat 1:32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi rochie,
there is an engine. The "vertical" split is a feature of this kit to show the engine-

Last edited:
Filling and sanding is very important with this kit. I am not amused by the genetal fit of parts.

Attachments

• MK 6_ 22.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 127
Hi Airframes,
Do'nt know if the Kinetic F-86-F with the hardedge wing is as questionable as this kit. I will know soon because i wanr to build one in future.

Last edited:
The Italeri kits are re-boxed Kinetic kits Michael, so I'd guess any problem areas will be the same - unless Italeri have improved the moulds, and done the production themselves, which is unlikely.

Maybe I made some mistakes when building the cockpit but I think the fit of the Kinetic Sabre is not up state of art. Putty and sandpaper will call it a day.

Bad the new panel lines I engraved are mostly gone during sanding. Good the unrealistic rivets will go too.

There are more monsters waiting for me. Looks like fuselage parts and wings will not meet easely.

At last I got the wing to the fuselage. Filling and sanding destroyed most of the altered panel details. Once again resccribing. I wonder if I made mistakes or got a bad shot from Kinetic. It looked so nice in the bag and whispered "buy me". Must have been a silver tongued devil!

The lower half of the wing was a nightmmare to fit. Very difficult to get some posetive dihedral.

Opening the lower ammunition hatch which is used by the crews as a step didn't make things easier.

I had to scratchbuild the hatch because the thickness of the cut out item is up to 3 mm and looks very awful. You must take care to fit the root cap of the wing to the hatch not letting it hang down on cord as on US-F86 Fs.

Nice work Michael, and I'm sure you'll get the better of it in the end! Maybe you did get a bad moulding, as the reviews, although some mention the odd small fit problem, don't seem to mention such a big problem.
Interesting info about the wing root cap - didn't know there was a difference, thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread