CAPTURED AIRCRAFT - ODD PHOTOS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Shinpachi,
it is a pleasure to share my work with an audience who know what they see and like it.
The surname of the Do 335 was "Pfeil". As Najaco wrote, it means in englisch "Arrow".
Best regards

I assume that's a model of the Do 335 M14 acquired by Capitaine Mirles and his 'Mission d'Information Scientifique et Technique' (MIST) team. It had an eventful life in French hands.

BTW French fin flashes had the blue towards the front, the British/Commonwealth ones had red towards the front. You can see the similarity in tone between the blue of the fin flash and blue of the centre of the cockade in this cropped image of your subject.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,
thank you for the tip. I unfortunatly did not realised this on this aircraft. All my other french used aircraft are correct. Thanks for pointing this out!!
Best regards

If I remember correctly the French also captured a wing cannon armed version as well as a two seater that had the rear canopy flush with the top of the fuselage and not humped like the A-12 version. Wish they saved them.

The French captured M14 was disassembled at Mengen and transported to France by road. It was reassembled at the Centre d'Essais en Vol (CEV) at Bretigny. It was completed on 5th August 1945 and taxying trial commenced at the hands of Colonel Badre two days later. On the 8th Badre flew the aircraft to 1000m but on making a dead stick landing (he had shut down both engines suspecting an engine fire) the aircraft burst a starboard main gear tyre, ran off the runway and collided with a parked B-26.
In mid September the aircraft was transferred to the SNASCO factory at Surennes (near Paris) for repair. The aircraft was not returned to the CEV until 3rd June 1946. Seven months of ground tests followed and in February 1947 three MK 103 cannons were re-installed.
It was not until 13th March 1947 that the aircraft flew again at the hands of Capitaine Receveau. It flew for a total of nine hours before the test programme was cancelled on 5th March 1948. It did fly twice more, in May and June 1948, accumulating a total flight time of 11 hours and 25 minutes.

The two seater was the incomplete M 17 captured by the French at Mengen. It was the prototype for the Do 335 B-6 night fighter. Working with Dornier personnel the French completed the aircraft but this took 25 months. It first flew on 29th May 1947 with Receveau at the controls and a recently shot deer serving as ballast in the radar operators seat.
By 27th November the aircraft had amassed 6 hours and 30 minutes flight time but a hydraulic failure caused the starboard undercarriage leg to retract during taxying and the resultant damage was deemed not worth repairing. The aircraft was subsequently used to test the ejector seat and explosive system for separating the rear propeller, dorsal fin and rudder before being scrapped in March 1949.

Cheers

Steve

Todays Aircraft is quite intresting. Like the Decalsheet said, it should be a Bf 110 C, fully armed?!, and used in 1944 for VIP-Transport in Cognac. To be honest, i did not find a real picture of this aircraft, but i like a 110er with Invasionstripes. I hope you also do!
Best regards

Attachments

• DSC03095.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC03098.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 181

Users who are viewing this thread