Captured FW-190 Paint..

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff E

Airman
Jan 6, 2007
Hello all, My name is Jeff and I am new to this forum. I am building a Fw-190 and I want to do it in the following scheme. Would any one happen to have any more info on this plane? I tried to get to the original website that the image came from but I didnt find much there in cludnig the original article. There is only a front page. I am trying to find out if the top of the wing is Orange too or is it red? Perhpas even what the blue logo is..

Any info and help would be greatly appreciated

Peace,

Jeff

Attachments

• capturedfw190_red.sized.jpg
    capturedfw190_red.sized.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 696
  • DSCN4134.jpg
    DSCN4134.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 351
I just thought of something..
Is this the right Forum, Or should I of asked in another?

Thanks

Jeff

Nice choice of colour scheme. Their is another view of this aircraft on the LEMB site in the Modeling Section. Unfortunately its down at present.

Cool. Thanks bigZ. I have been looking ever where. THought I''d try something new and ask for help. I appreciate it.

Jeff

Cool thanks bigZ. I didnt realize there were so many out there after searching amazon. I have it ordered. I take it you own this collection?

Jeff

Jeff your model looks great.Is this a RC model? What kind of an engine are you going to use for powering?

Wurger, Thanks!
Yes its a little RC from House of Balsa. ITs the first of this size for me and it will be electric. I made a lot of mods to it here and there but still trying to keep it light.

Peace,

Jeff

The blue roundal which I am assuming you are asking about is the US symbol of a blue circle with a white star in it. It is the symbol of the USAF. It looks like that repainting might have been for identification purposes. Ie. you study it and then you allow days where pilots can go out and then attempt to perform mock intercepts on it, in preparation for the real thing... I would be guessing that that is why it is given the colour scheme it is. To make the sillouette easier to see...

Thanks Healzdevo. Actually I was talking about his area right here in this crop.
I ordered the book mentioned above so I hope it will have a profile shot so I can see the wing and all.

Thanks again..

Jeff

Attachments

• Fw Crop1.jpg
    Fw Crop1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 303
Wurger, Thanks!
Yes its a little RC from House of Balsa. ITs the first of this size for me and it will be electric. I made a lot of mods to it here and there but still trying to keep it light.

Peace,

Jeff

Excellent.It is a good idea to power the model with an electric engine. :thumbleft:

well the Fw as well as the all red one were fg hacks. Jeff it appears as a squadron insignia if I remember correctly

well the Fw as well as the all red one were fg hacks. Jeff it appears as a squadron insignia if I remember correctly

Thanks Erich, I have the book coming soon - Make take a week from amazon.com. WOuld you happen to know if the top of the wing is Red or orange?

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff, good luck with that FW. It's an impressive project and in that colour scheme will certainly attract attention. Do let us see the finished model.

I have an electric P-51 but haven't yet flown it for fear of slamming it into the deck.

Started painting even though I don't have my book yet.

Do you guys think that paint is Orange or is it Yellow like on a AT-6 or Steerman?

Jeff

Attachments

• Ni24823.jpg
    Ni24823.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 291
  • In26050.jpg
    In26050.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 297
Dug the book out specially(Had to box them due to being a father of 2 now). Unfortunately the other red 190 was captured in the Belgium. The photo of yours is in Tunisia 1943. 2 FW190A-5s where captured one painted red and other olive both carry the 79th Fighter Group badge. It appears to be a flying skull with wings. Perhaps someone can clarifiy this as the image isnt clear.

Close but the image looks like the skull is looking right and down and both eye sockets can be seen.

ok..., I found that one on a site for the 79th. Any idea if the top of the wing is Red or Yellow/orange?

Thanks

Jeff

The tailplane on the olive plane is yellow top and bottom with red tips. So I would guess this is same for both the tailplane and the wing on the red example with red starting at the wing/fuse fairing.

Hopfully the LEMB will be up and running again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back