CF-18 Number 739 of 416 Sq Canadian Forces, Cory "Bud" Ulmer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very cool man 8)

I too love the F 18s, seen our Hornets a few times over the years, I'll get around to an RAAF version one day.

Some pictures! Sorry there aren't really any progress pics, I got a little gung ho. :oops:

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0370-1.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

Everything's correct for a CF-18 except for on the vertical stabilizers there's one extra "bar thing" (that's the technical term), and I don't have the cajones to try and remove it, as I think I'll just mess up the wing. I drilled the hole for the searchlight on the side, and it came with the glass, which was excellent, and behind it I placed some white plastic, so if you looked inside you didn't just see the inside of the nose, it actually looks kind of like a light.

Alas, once again, I've hit that dreaded stage! It's too cold to paint, and that's what I need to do. I'm going to try and find the Hasegawa weapons set C. It's not cheap, but you get 54 weapons I believe, more than enough to do the CF-18 and I'll be able to use some on my F-8. I don't have any models to build now, as I have to save the F-8 for the Cold War GB! :(

Looking good mate. I wish the Cold War GB was next, instead of the D Day stripey thing - got quite a few ideas for that one. Nothing wrong with the D Day one of course, I just wish they were the other way around!

Good going Cory! I dug out my old unbuilt Monogram F-18 and had a look. Raised panel lines and lots of flash so it'll take a bit of work. BTW, great link in post #20! Bookmarked it.

Well, finally had a string of days where I had the two following things:

Above 0 temperatures.
A working compressor.

Painting and decaling is done (save for the name and radome tan on the nose). Pics in the morning, and I'll get some in the sun. The decals are very nice, excellent product, but the customer service is crap as he completely ignored my e-mails.

Here they are! The decals are very well done, though they are very shiny and I'm having a hard time dulling them down.

Painting went well, had a little bit of bleeding on the vertical stablizers, but I think it looks kinda good. I still have to put my name on it, but the letters are all individual decals, so I have to psyche myself up for that! :lol: The plane number and serial numbers (save for the 188) were all like that as well, very difficult. Almost there! I have since painted the radome tan on the nose.

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back