Change the Christmas banner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When I was a boy we had to walk to school in the Minnesota snow two miles, uphill both ways. We were awoken at 3 am, and had to work the fields, before our regular beatings that began at 5 am. We were only allowed one shoe each, and had to hang on to each other and hop alternately from right to left. (Depending on who was wearing which shoe.)
After school, then the real work began. We worked as coal miners for another 18 hours, before the nightly beatings commenced.
And we were damned glad to get them.
The current generation is soft!

I thought to myself.............. Let's see what Paul has to say....

UP hill BOTH ways?????? Aren't you exagerating just a bit!

Last edited:

That'll teach you not to join a Union Paul

Uphill both ways and headwind, shoes with no soles, one trouser leg shorter than the other or longer, depending how you were wearing them, your beatings were nothing, had to beat myself first, with a belt, all this, in a house in which I was born in, which I had to build myself, with no windows, doors or roof, had to live the first few years with no floors, the only heating we had was the warmth after a good beating....
Fridays were best, that's when we had gravel for dinner....

Luxury!
We wished for gravel! All we got were big rocks that we had to break up ourselves before we could eat them. And the house didn't ever have any walls or floors, just some leaves that we called a roof!

'Actually, it is one of my favorite sketches as well. I replayed it last night. Maybe I was born in the wrong country?'

Nincomp, if youn get English humour you must be one of the Americans where an Englishman is trying to get out
You are welcome here....I think we can squeeze you in old boy.

Users who are viewing this thread