Check Your Computer !!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the heads up Charles, checked my comp and its clean....

As for the Trojan virus gimmick, way back in the day, I used the Trojan to hack peoples comps... Nothing serious, just screwin with them, opening the cd rom drawer etc etc....
Bunch of F**kwits who just make everyones day harder
Yup, a regular as*hole am I... Then I got hacked from the very same program... Its real weird when ur typing an email and the words c*nt and as*hole keep popping up in ur typed email aint it???

U have to have a Trojan on ur comp to hack people with a Trojan doorway... One of the drawbacks to bein a hacker... But Ive repented my ways and found a new path...

A bit more on the nasty!
Although it doesn't seem to have done anything malicious, this fake programme was still there, until my computer friend did some more work. It entailed getting rid of my existing anti-virus programme, which the fake one had 'invaded', and installing an upgraded one called 'Rising Antivirus', a 'professional' piece of free software (used in 'the trade') from China, and doing a complete clean-up of the whole system, including the Register, which took over an hour.
This fake looks very like a Windows Update, and is called 'Anti Virus 2009'.
It is known about, and displayed on Google, with various reports, including information from Microsoft. I think I got it when looking at a web-site for specific information on the F86 Sabre.
If it shows up on your computer, do NOT click on the suggestions displayed; either get rid, or, if unable to do so, get an expert to do it for you. It's a pain in the aristotle!!
Terry.

Thanks for the heads up. But it brings up the questions: why do people do this?

Actually, Catch, it's bragging rights. If a guy can write a virus that shuts
down a large computer system [like a large corporation] that's a big feather
in his cap. These people who write the virus codes are not dummies, by any
standard. I'm good at computers and have written some code, but I can
not write a virus. There is an underground organization of these people,
and bragging rights is what it's all about.

Charles

Actually, Catch, it's bragging rights. If a guy can write a virus that shuts
down a large computer system [like a large corporation] that's a big feather
in his cap. These people who write the virus codes are not dummies, by any
standard. I'm good at computers and have written some code, but I can
not write a virus. There is an underground organization of these people,
and bragging rights is what it's all about.

Charles

Makes sense I guess. I can also write some code (mostly Web) but I can't write a virus either.

I can and have done that (but not spread em). Years ago I participated in contests of corewar. This game is a virtual environment, simulating a memory bank. You and your opponent write a virus like program and they fight each other to the death. Great fun and kept most of this would-be virus programmers from doing anything nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back