Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Terry for the advice of the windows. I will try at least with the sides that give the area of the radio operator.
Maybe I tried the technique I mentioned for the machine gun of the waist of the right side and avoided to make a cage so bombastic ... lol

... the photos on the right side of the fuselage ... :toothy7:

278.jpg
279.jpg
280.jpg
281.jpg
282.jpg
283.jpg
284.jpg
285.jpg
286.jpg
287.jpg

... well, it seems like it's all about the insiders ... :whiteblindfold: !!

Tomorrow I hope to have some time to start with the task of embedding the inner walls in their correct places (in several cold tests I could see some slight gaps and apparently with some pressure can be minimized) ... I will be very careful .. And patience, to do it in the best way possible.

Good evening :thumbup:

Very nicely done Luis.
On the real aircraft, there is a small, telescopic ladder, of 'square' section tube, which drops down from the floor of the radio compartment, to allow access to the bombay walkway. It fits into the area marked by the red arrows on your photo.

Sancer B-24.jpg

Loading him up with are work are we? If so, maybe we need to mention the wing spars that would have run through the top of the bomb bay.

Love your work Luis-Carlos. Looks great the way it is!

Very nicely done Luis.
On the real aircraft, there is a small, telescopic ladder, of 'square' section tube, which drops down from the floor of the radio compartment, to allow access to the bombay walkway. It fits into the area marked by the red arrows on your photo.

Loading him up with are work are we? If so, maybe we need to mention the wing spars that would have run through the top of the bomb bay.

Love your work Luis-Carlos. Looks great the way it is!

My friends, I really enjoy these talks, ... you're right Terry, there are several details that could still be improvised, but I think I'm satisfied with all the support, advice and images of all of you, :grouphuuug: we were able to conjugate together, to create my First Great Monster !! ... I even thought I could put some work papers on the radio operator's desk! :zombiesmile:

Greetings with much affection to Cheshire and Calgary :thumbup::thumbup:

Great job I finished this model about a month ago and it is now hanging from my ceiling

Thank you for your comment Kai Stemm, I appreciate your visit and I hope you like the process so far.
You should share some photos of your great bird in flight from the celling, ... you are welcome :thumbright:
I can see that you have a short time in the FORUM, you are welcome and you will see that we are several colleagues learning from several great modellers in this family.

Greetings to Minnesota from Mexico and happy holidays :santa:

Saludos compadre y seguimos en contacto :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Thank you for your comment Kai Stemm, I appreciate your visit and I hope you like the process so far.
You should share some photos of your great bird in flight from the celling, ... you are welcome :thumbright:
I can see that you have a short time in the FORUM, you are welcome and you will see that we are several colleagues learning from several great modellers in this family.

Greetings to Minnesota from Mexico and happy holidays :santa:

Saludos compadre y seguimos en contacto :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER
I will show pictures once my two FW-190s are done and hanging in pursuit

Yep, you can only go so far with added details !
I've had a look at my kit of the B-24J (to be built as a 'H' model), and it would not be missed if a ladder is not fitted, as the model would have to be picked up and held at an angle to even get to see part of the access from the bomb bay to the cockpit.
Considering this is your first 'big' model, with lots of scratch-built additions, you are doing very well indeed.

Hope you and the family have a great Christmas.

Yep, you can only go so far with added details !
I've had a look at my kit of the B-24J (to be built as a 'H' model), and it would not be missed if a ladder is not fitted, as the model would have to be picked up and held at an angle to even get to see part of the access from the bomb bay to the cockpit.
Considering this is your first 'big' model, with lots of scratch-built additions, you are doing very well indeed.

Hope you and the family have a great Christmas.

Thank you for your kind wishes; ... your experience and knowledge in aviation my dear Professor Airframes, from the beginning have meant an enrichment and increasing love to this formidable hobby, thanks also for so many images that make easier the understanding and knowledge of these formidable epic planes.
I will be in the front row to learn about your next B-24H and enjoy the tour.

For your family and loved ones, I send you my best wishes and happiness on these holiday dates. :thumbup:

Yep, crew entry was also through the nose gear well.
Our very own Gary (Geedee) does the Flight Engineer's job on the Collings Foundation once or twice a year, for a couple of weeks or more, when he goes to the 'States. He's posted some great interior shots and videos on the forum.

Yep, crew entry was also through the nose gear well.
Our very own Gary (Geedee) does the Flight Engineer's job on the Collings Foundation once or twice a year, for a couple of weeks or more, when he goes to the 'States. He's posted some great interior shots and videos on the forum.
I did see his name mentioned as I was going through b-24 posts

Something I found interesting in my B-24 reserch is that the wheel was exposed to the cabin

It's a good photo Kai (is that your name?)

Precisely I am in the assembly of the front landing gear ...

288.jpg

289.jpg

290.jpg

I placed some pieces of lead (to balance the tires of the car), to be sure that the counterweight of the plane is correct and will not fall off the tail.

Gerry (Geedee) will have the opportunity to review the updated Lib process; I do not think there's anyone who knows the B-24 better than Gerry.

Saludos :thumbup:

It's a good photo Kai (is that your name?)

Precisely I am in the assembly of the front landing gear ...

View attachment 360837

View attachment 360838

View attachment 360839

I placed some pieces of lead (to balance the tires of the car), to be sure that the counterweight of the plane is correct and will not fall off the tail.

Gerry (Geedee) will have the opportunity to review the updated Lib process; I do not think there's anyone who knows the B-24 better than Gerry.

Saludos :thumbup:
Yes Kai is my name and I didn't messs around with gear as I had it flying but the back gear i had to fight to get on
Also not so sure about that yellow
Great job

The yellow is zinc chromate, in it's 'yellow' form. Depending on the production factory, either yellow, or green ZC was used as a protective coating in non-crew areas, such as the wheel bays, bomb bay and nose gear well - the part beneath the crew access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back