Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work Luis.
I'll admit, when it comes to small areas such as exhausts or wheel wells, I can't be bothered masking and using the air brush, I just go back to the traditional paint brush, and do it by hand.

Hi, Terry, how nice to read and say hello to you. :computer:

You're right, there are areas that are best to use the brush; However I try to do it with an airbrush and with a brush do the washing and give them details that might need and they will be easier with a brush. On the other hand I want to try this elastic band from Tamiya and it will be very helpful for some areas that are not so complicated.

I attached this pair of photographs where I already did a wash with oils to mark the shadows, give depth and a look of burned metal. Once the wings are painted below, I can see if it deserves more detail.

239.jpg
240.jpg

I send you a big hug and good night from this side of the world. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Really a nice work LC. But please pay your attention to that supechargers were of matt tone mostly. It is because of the rust caused by metal overheating and moisture in the air.

Thank you very much for the comment Wojtek, I will be careful to attend the details; I liked the look of the superchargers. :thumbright:

I am going to put a layer of glossy varnish to protect what worked so far; after it dries well, with putty or wet paper and liquid mask will be covered until after painting the blue surface of the wings.
I have some excellent images that Terry shared from the superchargers, but they are immaculately clean, as newly assembled in the factory ;) and others I've got on the net are in black and white.

If you have or some colleague has color photos
with the rust caused by metal overheating and moisture in the air that you mention.
Then I can see that I can improve and apply your final coat of matt varnish.

All your comments, reminders, pictures, suggestions and recommendations will always be very grateful.

regards :thumbup:

Gracias chicos por sus comentarios!! :occasion5:

According to the instructions, there are some panels in matt natural olive color.
Perhaps it will be spare parts that have changed to condition and have the Consolidated B-24D-20-CO ready for the "Bond Tour"? Anyone have an explanation? :idea::?:

For this reason I used tape to paint those pieces ...

241.jpg

242.jpg

This is the result and the colors I used ...
(Model Air of Vallejo)

243.jpg
244.jpg
245.jpg

... then I tape the parts in olive green, to apply the upper color of the fuselage and wings ...

246.jpg
247.jpg
248.jpg

I did a first test of the top exterior color on rear spoiler.

249.jpg

... I used to cover with small strips of tape what will be a slight "clear" in the edges of the canavas stabilizers and shade a little.

250.jpg

...Then I show you the result ....;)

It looks good, and I continued to paint the wings and cowlings. I'll take some details when painting them to correct some drip errors in the first wing I painted; I do not think I have problem solving it, but those photos will be later.

It's all for now and we're still in touch.
Thank you for your visits. :salute:

Greetings. :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Last edited:
Hello hobbies. :salute:
I hope in coming days, to be able to give a good advance to my great bird.
The first two layers on the top of the wings look like this on the engines.

254.jpg
255.jpg

... there is still little to do in them, paint the bottom as well as the rear stabilizer, to have them ready.

So I started with the final details of the interior of the plane, to be able to join the fuselage and finally feel closer to the last third of the process ... :mrgreen:
... assemble the pieces that will make up the ammunition rail between the machine guns on the sides and their ammunition boxes.

256.jpg

It was a bit complicated but entertaining to achieve the finishing that had in mind ... the photos will show ...

257.jpg
258.jpg
259.jpg
260.jpg
261.jpg
262.jpg
263.jpg

I relied on several actual images and liked the result. :oops:

Soon I hope to show you the inside ready, before joining the fuselage to continue.

I send you best regards and the holiday season offers you pleasant moments of happiness with the family and their loved ones. :santa:

See you soon :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Very nice work on the guns and the 'flexifeed' ammunition tracks Luis.
After making these many times, either from folded and 'pressed' foil, or sometimes bent channel, I've just discovered that MDC now offer some in a flexible material, along with the ammo belts.
As I have a B-24H to build at some point, I might try a set.

Thanks Capt.Vick and W.
I do not doubt that these ammo belts are already on the market. MDC, is a brand of modeling accessories?
I appreciate your comments Terry; It will be very enriching how you managed those 'flexifeed' ammunition tracks.
I made them with aluminum foil lining a double Tamiya tape to give it "body" and flexibility without breaking the foil; Then only with a thin but rounded tip I marked each ammunition cubicle.
I like to devise how to make the accessories I need and save some pennies :idea:;). I still do not have to buy accessories or PE for my models, except those that bring the box of the kit or take advantage of some leftovers in my "boxes of surprises"

regards :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back