Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice work Luis! It's interesting to see the raised panel lines. I guess this is an older kit?

Very nice work Luis! It's interesting to see the raised panel lines. I guess this is an older kit?
It's an old Revell model
And with those raised panel lines, also I will try a technique I saw in an exemplary I have of FSM
... Hopefully do well and look good the Lib

Saludos John :thumbup:

Hello again.
Thanks for your visits and comments; all are welcome. :squarewink:

I did the same procedure with the huge wings !!

215.jpg

216.jpg

To give a variety of shades on the plane, and avoid the monochrome in such large surfaces, I decided mask and randomly select a panel to paint red (to see how it looks the tone after applying the official color...8-[ [-o<)

217.jpg
218.jpg
219.jpg

And so were the parts that carry the color US Desert Sand (Vallejo Model Air 71.140)

220.jpg
221.jpg

... I also did it with a shade of blue in the lower parts that carry the U.K. Azure (Vallejo Model Air 71108)

222.jpg

... I let it dry 2 days (not had a chance to do anything to my Lib because we go out on the weekend)

... At a moment I share photos of what done so far ...

Footnote: :slicksmile:
The XXXII National Modelism Static in México is this 14, 15 and 16 of the month (starts in 2 days !!), so it will be until next year to enroll my beautiful monster. :thebigsqueeze:
(I have registered my Me262A-1 / U4 and P-47D, ... so this year I repeat 2 planes), as many know is hardly my second participation in a contest ...:evil3:

...ahorita regreso...:thumbup:

...WE CAME BACK!!...

... At dawn today, after nearly six hours to devote myself exclusively to painting lines panels ...:morning:

223.jpg
224.jpg
225.jpg
226.jpg

... After washing my airbrush, I realized I forgot to paint the lines of the panels on the sides of the fuselage where the large windows are. #-o
Well ... I'll have a chance to do it later ... :dontknow:
I leave you with this add photos, hoping be to your liking. Welcome any feedback you have for me. :color:

Goodnight...:sleepy2::thumbup:

Luis Carlos

More than a month without uploading anything additional. :| I miss the contact with the forum.

Everything is fine in general terms, but sometimes work and commitments are carried a little bit, which prevents me from advancing with my Lib. :protest:

How I enjoyed that Partridge Family TV series , ... a very nice comment John. :tongue3:

In recent days I started to work again in what I really love ...
I decided to paint the landing gear trenches, ... with tape, paper and Micro Mask to cover the uneven edges.

227.jpg
228.jpg
229.jpg

With Yellow Green XF-4 from Tamiya I painted them ...

234.jpg
230.jpg

I took advantage to paint the panel lines of the sides of the windows ...

231.jpg

...I'll be back in a moment...:thumbup:

I also remarked some lines of panel that were lost at the moment of sanding the pieces. I hope it is not notorious that these lines will be "sunk" and not "raised" (On both sides of the four engines...:slicksmile:)

232.jpg
233.jpg

I used my new Tamiya's elastic tape for the first time (I bought them in the National Modeling), and I liked how it can be manipulated for some delicate areas ...

235.jpg

... they were ready to paint ...

236.jpg

Apply a light coat of matt aluminum (XF-16) at 50% with lacquer thinner (Tamiya) and then add a few drops of clear red (X-27) and clear yellow (X-24) to give a more burnt tone. ..

237.jpg
238.jpg

With oil washes and a few touches, I will improve the look ... any suggestions to give more realism to the exhaust of the engines? ...:-k

Everything seems that soon I will start with the sand color of the desert (71,140 of Model Air) \\:D/

I gladly receive your comments and suggestions, a strong hug and see you soon.

Saludos cordiales a todos!!! :thumbup:

Hello and thanks Geo, Tamiya produces them from 1 mm and I think up to 5 mm; Will really facilitate the work when demarcating camouflage or encint places of difficult access. I'm sure you can get many advantages. And they are reasonably priced.

Saludos amigo :thumbup:

Thank you very much my friends "Suertudo13" (Lucky13) and Wojtek :thumbright::thumbleft:
It has been a slow and detailed process and I want to do it in the best possible way, demanding commitment without getting angry with myself! [-X

The accompanying me, his advice and photos, coupled with his trumpets and flattery, are pure inspiration to form a beautiful aircraft collection.

I already want to start with 2 simpler (old but well made) Revell models. I want to do them in mid-flight :-s... before I get into another more sophisticated model.

Have them all an extraordinary weekend ... full of modeling !! :thumbup::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back