Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello to my dear colleagues. :salute:

... It's been some time, but there were two situations in this period. ;)

The first is that moved my modeling workshop (therapy room) to an intermediate floor we have at home between the ground floor and the first floor (and this took me a few days in spare time :-#)
The second is that I grabbed a strong throat infection that between medicines and injections retained me some inactive days ...:tard:

Even so, there was some progress ...

First I present a first stage of my new location (gradually I can go by conditioning and improving ...:camosmile:)

191.jpg
192.jpg

... for joining the wings I used what I had on hand ...

190.jpg
193.jpg

In virtually all four assemblages engines could be seen this detail that even after sanding as best as possible, allowed to see these gaps ...!

194.jpg

I hope that with a little putty to dry their best and a delicate sanded solve it.

195.jpg

On the other hand I covered the opening of windows to paint the outside and so when joining the fuselage with machine guns and rail ammunition belts fixed, be able to protect in some way what comes out of the windows when painting the rest of the fuselage ...:-k (I hope to do well [-o<!!)

196.jpg

...first ...the Primer...

197.jpg
198.jpg

I hope to work from now in a more consistently and keep moving before my deadline ...:!:

I send a hug wherever you are and keep in touch :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

I like the new space but you need to mess it up a bit more! Vice grips as clamps......you live dangerously my friend!

Hahahaha Andy, wait to spend a little time to see some "signs of intense activity" on my desk; ... I am responsible for cleaning my "accidents" with paints and solvents spilled in my work area ... "not allow anyone intends to organize my mess" only I know where I have everything in place in my mess! ! ... that's life in danger ... lol
With such large wings and avoiding work more; even a "vise grips" were required !! (I did not get a good bond with just rubber babds or conventional tweezers, needed more pressure)

Get well soon LC.

Nice to have a dedicated work space, and I'm sure you'll get those joints sorted. Hope the throat infection clears up quickly.

Thanks Wojtek and Terry for their good wishes; ... now it is only cough that could chase away more than a few, but in my normal activities. Thank you for your words.

Saludos a todos con cariño :thumbup:

Muchas gracias Brian y John !!
Are kind comments ... have been very busy with my business out of the city and I was not unable devote the time I would like to my Lib. 8-[
Bearing in news, I share them ...

Saludos a todos!! :thumbup:

Hello everyone, I hope you have and enjoy an excellent weekend. :smilecolros:

Slow but making progress ...:-s

The gluing of the cowlings required more pressure than normal and yet the union was not ideal ... some gaps are seen out of scale ...

199.jpg
200.jpg
201.jpg

I matched with sandpaper, then with Mr.Surfacer 1200 patching then after it dries and give a nice sanded and polished, redo the line of panel more suited to the scale.

202.jpg
203.jpg

Taking account Terry's comment regarding the difference in the tone of the ailerons and stabilizers; that by the desert sun makes the tarps see clearer; ... With tape and micro mask I covered what not take a first layer of white ...

204.jpg
205.jpg
206.jpg

I have a question here: :?: :confused1::signhelp:

At the bottom of the rear wing (which is painted blue -UKAzure Model Air 71.10:cool: Canvas stabilizers not directly receive the sun, the tone is a bit darker than the metal part ?, or it is also clear from any effect of climate or sun?

207.jpg

Well, ... expecting your response and hope I explained clearly.

... Meanwhile, I'll keep moving forward ...

..."la panorámica de despedida" \\:D/

208.jpg

See you soon. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

The underside of the elevators would most likely be closer to the original finished colour, and probably slightly darker than the paint on the metal area. The small trim tabs were either metal or wood, and these would be a different tone again.
Studying current and period photos of the effects on fabric has showed that some remains darker than the metal areas, whilst some bleach to a lighter shade, so it would be acceptable to paint the fabric control surfaces either lighter or darker than the wings/ tail etc.

Nice work Luis-Carlos. I would expect that the effect of the sun would be less on the underside of the elevators. I don't know whether or not they would be darker or lighter than the metal though.

The underside of the elevators would most likely be closer to the original finished colour, and probably slightly darker than the paint on the metal area. The small trim tabs were either metal or wood, and these would be a different tone again.
Studying current and period photos of the effects on fabric has showed that some remains darker than the metal areas, whilst some bleach to a lighter shade, so it would be acceptable to paint the fabric control surfaces either lighter or darker than the wings/ tail etc.

I thank you much information, we really are several people involved in the proper development of this B-24D
Gracias experimentados amigos!! :grouphuuug:

Un abrazo :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Hello again (gracias Huge y John por sus comentarios :thumbright::thumbleft:), ... this is the advance ...

Remember I tried the left-wing engines with masking tape (new technique for me); and the other two the usual technique (for me) of small pieces of napkin or Kleenex with water drops ... though a little more time-consuming, I think there is better control of what you want to cover ...

209.jpg
210.jpg

I had to put a Kleenex "patch" in an engine because I sank the tape (unlikely to be corrected because it is attached from the inside, another disadvantage of my experiment with tape [-()

211.jpg

I think the wings are ready for the first layer with Primer :mrgreen:

On the other hand, the stabilizers are well after applying white matte ...

212.jpg

213.jpg
214.jpg

... A small but laborious progress, I hope you like it.

Having excellent day... \\:D/

Saludos cordiales!! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back