Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WOW WOW this is looking awesome buddy !!! Love to see all this awesome detaiing and attention going into this work of art :)

Cheers Brian

My dear FB-Friend, thank you very much your kind comments.
It is a very large aircraft, so much to learn and keep practicing; I am happy to see you here (and hardly give me the time to upload progress of my projects in FB)
You going very well with your page :thumbleft::thumbright:;. I enjoy seeing your projects and those involved (and learn several tips), soon I will have the time to also share something there.

Un fuerte abrazo y seguimos en contacto. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

P.D.: Many greetings to all PUG gang!! :wav:

I advance what I did on some nights and weekend. :morning: Uff !, the epidemic to detail continues !!! ... :evilbat:

... Continuing with machine guns from the waist, I share this photo:

ametralladoras de cintura.jpg

... The process for making these "ammunition clip" and improve the actual appearance ...

153.jpg
154.jpg
155.jpg
156.jpg
157.jpg

To join the new piece to the machine gun had to lose a little with sandpaper the internal support holding the gun, to allow space and fit the ammunition rail belts (I have not taken their photo but already have them ready to assemble in their positions)

158.jpg

I will no longer remove the guns from their supports; so they will remain so until the end ...:sonarsmile:

159.jpg

... So look once painted metallic color and finished ...

161.jpg

... They resemble the first photo of this post?

162.jpg

... In a few moments I share more (I have to prepare photos), greetings to all! :lying: :thumbup:

... To work with the turbine exhaust, ... as best reference I had this picture ...

turbina detalle.jpg

... With a drill and then with a "lime rattail" I reduced the walls to make it more consistent with the scale ...(4 times :crazy:)

163.jpg

... Speaking the photos !! :arrow::mrgreen:

164.jpg
165.jpg
167.jpg

Do you like it? 8-[

... The process for landing lights ...

168.jpg
169.jpg
170.jpg
171.jpg

... This was the left wing!, :-s... with his right did not work out so well =;... I lost a little control of the drill and the drill bit made a bigger orifice and deformed !! #-o :banghead:

172.jpg

In the next post I show what I came up to do to correct my mistake and "save" the right landing light ...[-o<

Thank you very much for its more than 2000 visits and comments! :wave::signthanks:

See you soon!... hasta pronto! :thumbup:

Thank you very much Darryl ... excuse my ignorance :-k, meaning the initial OCD?

Best regards to beautiful Australia :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Thank you very much Darryl ... excuse my ignorance :-k, meaning the initial OCD?

Best regards to beautiful Australia :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

A crippling disease that usually strikes builders of large plastic bombers, 1:1 Spitfire Cockpits and occasionally modifiers of RC Tiger Tanks ;)

Oh, and I hope the weather is better in Mexico than it is here at the moment!

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

A crippling disease that usually strikes builders of large plastic bombers, 1:1 Spitfire Cockpits and occasionally modifiers of RC Tiger Tanks ;)

Oh, and I hope the weather is better in Mexico than it is here at the moment!

I will look here in Mexico City a professional institution and ask for treatment, I would stay away one in South West, Aus. and I'm sure there are also in Cheshire, UK :occasion5:
Here in my country, it is also known as SSD (for its acronym in Spanish -Síndrome de Superdetallado-) "syndrome superdetailed" unfortunately has no cure and is progressive in some cases. :onlyamother:

The weather here ?, ... heat in the morning, rain in the afternoons, air and cool in the evenings. Very varied to avoid boredom ... and yes, lots of traffic !! :zombiesmile:

Saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Hello again caballeros míos. :salute:

Referring to the last picture ... taking advantage of the plastic is thick in that part, it occurred to me abrade the panel where the landing light is and make a new panel of PVC with the correct orifice size.

173.jpg

... With a scriber I gouge the contour of the panel much as possible and then with the Dremel pair the depth of the recess to embed the new part ...

174.jpg
175.jpg
176.jpg
177.jpg

Once achieved the best splicing, I joined the pieces with glue and using tweezers made sure a better job ...

178.jpg

... The next day I sanded and polished it, by then place the new light and be able to continue as if nothing had happened ...:-\"

179.jpg

... It might be a further option that could be useful for someone else who might have a similar situation, correct or modify any panel of your project. O:)

Hope they serve and recommendations and questions are welcome.

For now I'm working on propellers, ... see you soon with more!

Hasta pronto!! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Darryl, Wojtek, Geo, Andy, Huge & John, ... infinitely thank you for your kind comments :grouphuuug:

I'm really enjoying this, learning, practicing and improvising. :5headset:

... I think being in time for the National Modelling (IPMS Mexico) in mid-October ... !!, will be my second participation and I do it with three planes !! :bounncy:

Abrazos con afecto :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

I hope you take lots of pictures to share with us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back