Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Always be additional motivation your comments, thank you very much. :notworthy:

Some small progress ...
The transparent parts of the sides were polished and in place.

99.jpg
101.jpg

To the windows I will put liquid mask on the inside to apply a layer of matte varnish to the entire interior of the fuselage.

The front panel of the cab, was finished !!

100.jpg
113.jpg
114.jpg

At the gates, support and spatter shield of the front landing gear, I applied yellow green as a base color, then mixing it with a little white I gave birth to the reliefs and with pen delineate some shade.

108.jpg

After the XF-4 well diluted with isopropyl alcohol, I managed to homogenize the tones.

109.jpg

The process for tires ...

110.jpg
111.jpg
112.jpg

...That's all for now...

regards :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Thanks George :mrgreen:, I have in mind new things I've seen in FSM to apply to the tires and give the appearance of dirt in the desert ... I hope so! [-o<

Cheers :thumbup:

Thank you for your comment Tony Hill :thumbleft:; I really like the detail of the cabins, engines and landing gears ... and this huge four-engine have a lot to keep practicing ...

Finally I finished the two engines that I lacked to add hydraulic cables (remember the post # 120) ... at that time I took 3 nights to make all the holes and the last 5 hours to complete the first 2.

118.jpg

I found a better way to cut and place the wires and in just over an hour finished the last two that had been pending before holiday !!
:shocked!:I still impresses about the amount of holes and wires used ( 224 and 112 respectively! ) :crazyeyes:...
Soon I'll start with the process of painting, although I am still studying the best way and technique to do it. :-k:-s

I continued progress with tires and varying tones XF-23 and XF-16 matt aluminum, did some chipping on the wheels and then with a mixture X-1 black and red brown XF-64 (3/2) very diluted in water I gave him a wash to mess simulating a bit oil and grease.

115.jpg
116.jpg

Now I'm going to apply a layer of gloss varnish for with oils and chalks give the appearance of dust and desert land ...:faroah::sunny:

Also they were almost ready (to 90%) ammunition boxes...

95.jpg

In a night's sleep, I dreamed of the ammunition belt rails and how to make them ...:hypnodisk::sleeping::hypnodisk:
... And my occurrence was to use Tamiya tape foil lined up to give the proportionate to the scale thickness ...

102.jpg

... And then with a knife not very sharp, give the closest to reality appearance. ...:sonarsmile:

103.jpg
104.jpg

Then I did a test simulating the belt with a piece of tape, to get an estimate of the required size. I glued with white glue the tape to the box and one of the machine guns and with bits of tak did a dry fit on one side of the plane ...

119.jpg
120.jpg
121.jpg

...I like how it looks...:magnifyglass:

It's all for now, your feedback is welcome. :thegraduate::signyeah:

Cheers :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Thanks Andy, Wojtek and John...
I hope to have soon more progress ... in a short time that I have to work in the Lib, but I'm really enjoying the process.

Saludos amigos y gracias por sus visitas. :thumbup:

A small step to to share with you ...:arrow:

After a layer of black gloss, I decided on polished aluminum Alclad II and we foreshadowed the black background ... I will let dry another day to start giving color and life!

124.jpg
125.jpg

It was hard work to coincide in the correct position the racks bombs.
Carefully sand the ends to remove paint and attach them to the wall.
Make the work as clean as possible and without ensuring that the pieces that make each rack to fall off ... was a good challenge !! :-& :smoker:

126.jpg
127.jpg

You will observe that are already oxygen tanks and extinguishers placed personal ... the lamps of the walls in the area of bombs have a Future drop to simulate glass.

A panoramic of the work area ...:toothy9:

128.jpg

...Is pleasing hope you ... keep in touch. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back