Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you guys for your comments. :thumbleft: :salute::thumbright:

... :idea: Anyone have any tutorial or reference to correct protruding edges of the panels :?:

This old model Revell has this defect, although well defined all the details of fuselage panels and rivets.
It will be a slow and marathon work but could be worth the effort ...:mrgreen: so I want your advice and counsel to correct it.
Or maybe knows how to do a good job with such panels as they are. ...:-k

I thank you in advance for your answers.

Un fuerte abrazo amigos del foro :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

I installed the photographic set ... I hope are clear ... haha :colors:

paneles 1.jpg
paneles 2.jpg
paneles 3.jpg
paneles 4.jpg

...:magnifyglass:

... I hope it look good purporting to show ... thanks again!
For any questions or comments, will watch closely. :thumbup:

Ah I grasped. You meant the raised panel lines.... To be honest I have seen them corrected once. Most of modellers re-scribe them as engraved.. However ,these can be made as raised again too. The trick is that you have to engrave these lines not too deep and then glue into these score lines a thin copper wire or plastic one. Of course sanding down of these incorrect raised lines is needed for the way.
Also you may use a paint for that but without scribing in the case. Here is the link you can check on the making way for that.

Restoring raised panel lines perfectly - Modelling Tips

Last edited:
Thanks a lot my friend, I'll give a good studied and revised the information. Thank you very much W. :salute:

Last edited:
George gives me pleasure to greet and thank you for your comment :salute:
(actually I think I'm doing homework and I intend to continue to learn from my masters)

Very interesting link you shared Wojtek, yet they are many lines of panels to apply that technique at this time and desire to improve the appearance of those panel lines. :oops:

I think I'll re-scribe them as engraved. While someone else has another recommendation :shock:, I'll work on other areas of the plane ... there is much to attend!

I share some images of the left side of the fuselage inside ...

82.jpg
83.jpg
84.jpg

Question 1: ammunition boxes on the floor at the sides of each gun are also of wood such as those they go embedded in the wall?

80.jpg

Question 2:
What is that "bulge" that is on the floor to the center? It is a suitcase ?, which colors * * takes?

81.jpg

Thank you for your recommendations :thumbright:
Soon more pictures of progress ...:thumbup:

Greetings Dr. Huge! :thumbleft:
... Now I share the right side ..!
The divider walls are still not glued, there are still some accessories for adding (oxygen tanks, racks with pumps, fire extinguishers, windows, etc.)
... An overview ...

85.jpg

the front (bomb aimer's position)

86.jpg

The pilot and copilot office (the front panel is stuck with a "ball of tak") still need to add the flyers.

87.jpg
88.jpg

The radio operator's station (entire section is made from scratch)
... In the back of the backrest of the pilot It is a metalic foil which are attached 2 or 3 individual tanks of oxygen for the crew of that section (later I show the photos in detail)

89.jpg

The right side of the bombs area (need to add the metal tank that replaces the one I eliminated from the wall),
and divider walls ...

90.jpg
91.jpg
92.jpg

...and the artillerymen area ...

93.jpg

Eventually yet it needs to put a coat of matt varnish to the entire interior and a drop of Future, gloss varnish or Micro Kristal Klear to the lighting lamps from walls .... but that's will be before joining the two parts.

In a moment I show them what did I get into with the engines and took night hours than 3 days !! ... haha

"Hasta la vista baby" ...:robot:

:thumbup:

Very nice work Luis.
I had a look at my 'J' kit, which has the same main mouldings, and that 'bulge' on the floor in the waist compartment looks as if it's supposed to be a chest -pack parachute.
I haven't got my references to hand to check the ammo boxes and their actual location, but yes, they were made of wood. I think they might have actually been mounted on the walls, but I won't be able to check until I get back from Duxford on Tuesday.
However, they would probably look OK in their current position, as not that much can be seen, in great detail, through the open waist windows.

Thank W, Geo your coments and Terry for the clarification of "the lump"; the kit model also wears a box mounted on each wall, which caters to you every machine gun from the waist. Surely on the floor are boxes of spare to be used!

I am preparing all parts must wear any metallic colors (Alclad II), legs of the landing gear, engine and machine guns used.
And you could see that the landing gear legs are ready. O:)
For machine guns are on the front glass, I want to apply for the first time a security technique that recommended a great Mexican modeler in a national forum when I built my Henkell He-111. But I should buy mini drill bits of the .0135, .0145, .016 and .018 that I must replenish !! :-s ...:pale:

Let's talk about engines Lib!
... Are better than the photos do the talking !! ...:-$

74.jpg
75.jpg
76.jpg
77.jpg
78.jpg
79.jpg

Each motor has holes 56 and wires 28 !! 8-[
So it will be 224 holes (and did all) and will install a total of 112 wires! :-&
In the last 3 nights did the holes and finished 2 !. :dead:
I finished the missing, Ifollow with machine guns ....

I have rushed to share with these three series of photos on the progress so far, I'll see what I can forward this weekend and share.:-k

On Monday I go on vacation to the :hello1:Mexican Caribbean :toothy2: and return the 20th.
I take my laptop for work stuff I can do some night and say hello from there. :computer:

You return with good from Duxford on Tuesday, Terry

Greetings to all :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back