Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Muchas gracias Paul !!!
Interesting pics from "The Squaw"
Saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Last edited:
Goodnight everyone. :visitor:

The two colors inside the plane ...

48.jpg

Interior parts that will be placed later. (Recently painted with the fuselage)

50.jpg

I had already begun to detail the side of the cockpit and rear compartment ...:-({|=

49.jpg

Also the center console of the pit, begins to take shape ...

51.jpg
52.jpg

It is a small step, but wanted to share ...:-\"

I must continue with detailed interiors, add oxygen tanks inside, extinguishers, give wear and staining. Give the final color to the bombs and start with machine guns ...:rightfighter7:.... :confused1:

Saludos y seguimos en contacto :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Hi all this formidable band !! :thumbleft: I hope you are well and enjoying what they like to do. :thumbright:

I have been days of hard work, social engagements and heavy work details that can´t show the progress I wanted; but the short time that I can devote to my "Lib" I really enjoy it.

Also I have to give me time to see and commenting on the various breakthroughs that have shared and I have not been able to enjoy ...8-[

... Before and after the front panel and the variation of tones with white light and warm light ...

53.jpg
54.jpg
55.jpg
56.jpg

Mounting the decals at the pumps, a layer of matt varnish to fix the decals and ... ready to be mounted in the bomb bay!

57.jpg
58.jpg
59.jpg

... I looking for a suitable and the insulating sheath of a telephone cable wire, cut as slices of salami to form clamps carrying hydraulic fluid ducts ...:-s

60.jpg
61.jpg

...already they joined the 3 pieces that form the rear stabilizer and tires ... can be seen in this view of my workspace.

62.jpg

Also I have to give me time to see and commenting on the various breakthroughs that have shared and I have not been able to enjoy ...
I finished detailing and paint the sides of the interior of entire aircraft, as well as dividing walls and main cabin, with some attrition and dust. I have applied a coat of gloss varnish to make a few washings and improve appearance.

Then I share photos and follow the process ...
Hasta pronto!! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Thanks Andy and Brian for your comments; I'm enyoing my first big plane \\:D/ It will be a good challenge.

Gracias por sus visitas.
Saludos. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Some great work that you are doing here Luis! I really like the landing gear and what you did with all of those extinguisher bottles was great!

Thank you very much for your visits, company in the process and kind words Wojtek, Terry, Huge and John.
As soon as possible to upload pictures of whatever follows cooking on my desk.

Yours affectionately greeting from Mexico City. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Before anything else, I wish you all an excellent second semester, with good opportunities and many satisfactions in all aspects surround you. :thumbup: :wav:

Remember the comment that only "took the plunge" (I hope is well said) in 1/72 scale in my youth and so many bombers 2 and 4 engines allowed not add details so easily; it didn´t exist or began what is now known as aftermakers.

There are several spaces offered me this big plane on this (relatively new to me) formidable 1/48 scale, to further develop skills and ingenuity :slicksmile:... that means a lot of patience and time to achieve the best results. ...:whiteblindfold:

I hope you like it and provide feedback with your comments and questions. :toothy10:

... And so I decided to add ducts carrying one of the arms of the same landing gear, according to the reference images ...

70.jpg

This way you will see ... (dry fit)

66.jpg
67.jpg
69.jpg

In the same way I made some improvements to the appearance of the front landing gear (takes a backsplash that I did not include in the photo, but that it will add)

71.jpg
72.jpg
73.jpg

... And finally in this block of images, I share as the bombs were on their racks ...

63.jpg
64.jpg
65.jpg

That's all for now... :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back