Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is a crasched B-24D on a desert years ago. The cockpit was destroyed fully and nothing can be seen there. But I would like to pay your attention to the fuselage interior just behind it.. I have enlarged the area of the pic.

1.jpg
1a.jpg

Thanks Wojtek for that formidable picture.

Starting work on the sides of the front of the fuselage ...
I will remove the oxygen hose to improve with scratch and guitar string ...

7.jpg

Back of cabin seats is a folding table for the flight engineer (that I guess, and you correct me if I needed it I will thank..:^o); This is the structure that supports the chair ...

8.jpg

Some initial parts of the right side (area flight engineer)

9.jpg

... And how it is taking shape ...

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

... The seat and back of the chair ...

13.jpg

I hope you like the advance and stay attentive to your comments. :-k

Best regards :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Very nice work there Luis, and I'll be watching, as I' will have to do the same work on my 'H' model, especially as I'll have the escape hatch, in the roof, open to be able to view the inside.
BTW, that's the radio operator's table - the Flight Engineer's instruments were on the opposite, rear bulkhead, near the entry well into the bomb bay.
Gary (Geedee) has posted quite a lot of interior pics in his threads about the Collings Foundation (where he is flying at the moment), some of which show this area, although some equipment has been removed.

Thanks for your comments friends,:thumbright::salute:

Gary (Geedee) has posted quite a lot of interior pics in his threads about the Collings Foundation (where he is flying at the moment), some of which show this area, although some equipment has been removed.

Terry and to you for your clarification, I thank you the lessons.

7473653582_71e9e56557.jpg

You have no idea where to look for photos of Gary ?, I sent an MP, but he must be very busy.
It's so big and full of information our forum, that the times I've tried to find the photos, I have not succeeded.

Gracias de antemano amigo. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Gary has posted in a few threads, so a bit difficult to track down the photos. But if you search for his threads, look for those for his various trips crewing the B-24 with the Collings Foundation.
He'll be busy in the US at the moment, and isn't due back in the UK until the end of this month, so hard to get in touch at the moment.

Gary has posted in a few threads, so a bit difficult to track down the photos. But if you search for his threads, look for those for his various trips crewing the B-24 with the Collings Foundation.

Thanks again Terry, I found some videos of Gary, very interesting and I could see several details; also other videos on the web from different Witchcraft travelers, and some interesting shots in areas that may be detailed in my B-24. (I'm still looking for his pics)

Looking good Luis, I will see if I can add anything but looks to me your off to a good start

Thanks Paul, for your comments, and if you can find those pictures, together we can do a better work with your great contribution here.
"muy agradecido, muy agradecido, muy agradecido palls" :grouphuuug:
(I hope reciprocate your help !!)

The work of identifying the parts with reference to the instructions, it has taken me time (not want to make mistakes - and I had two with the bombs and its supports, with no mayor problems :-k -), ..and go sanding and preparing some pieces while I'm joining the whole.

14.jpg

Something very important I'm considering is not waste time detailing areas that hardly will be able to see :magnifyglass:
(the project got Terry to open the roof to see everything inside, I find it a wonderful thing to enjoy =D>)
... So many details of cables, boxes, oxygen tanks, levers, fire extinguishers ... and I want to do, but at least it will not be in this kit.
But yes, I will do my best on detailing as visibly possible !!

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

I'll show closed the right artilleryman window, to flaunt inside, as the decals and image of the outer side.

18.jpg

costado derecho.jpg

La ventana izquierda estará abierta

B-24D-The-Squaw-Fort-Worth-Gunners.jpg

I do not have the time I would like to dedicate, for work, but with some sleepless hope I can be ready for the next national IPMS

Still outstanding at their comments and recommendations

Seguimos en contacto!! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Last edited:
Hi there Wojtek and Dr.Huge, ...gracias !:thumbleft::thumbright:

Thanks Terry, I send a PM to "our B-24 pilot" :salute:, I will wait for him to see and give me answer.

Saludos!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back