Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interior looking very nice Luis. If you need additional reference material, let me know.

Thanks George 8-[; I'm looking more images of unterior of the front bubble, the side walls of this space; inside the "moats" of the landing gear; the three legs of the landing gear and the inside area of the tail gunner.
All will be well received :toothy9:; mainly consider details that can be improved or added to the kit. (Eg: the equipment used to calculate and see distances to unload bombs - on the wooden table in front of the inside of the front bubble -)

Yesterday (and of today) I spent four hours alone in sand and slim tail 8 pumps with counting kit (6 medium and 2 large - do not have to mind the actual weight in kilos - 50 ?, 100 kgs.?)

Have a great Thursday everyone! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

1ab.jpg

Email sent Luis. It looks like 3 may have not loaded properly; 14, 15 and 17. Let me know and I'll resend them

Thanks my friend !
I forgot to point out that the red 'collar' on the main gear leg, is a safety 'lock', to prevent the oleo from settling under load, fitted for display purposes in the Museum. This would not normally be in place, unless the aircraft was parked for some time, and it covers the chromed oleo compression strut.

Terry excellent photos =D>, it looks recently removed from the factory !!
These are very clear and will be an excellent reference, ... I am working on the mind everything I have to do :-s!!! ... it's going to be fun ... and challenging !!
And this last point is important because my model will not be on display in a museum....LOL :thebigsqueeze:

Thank you very much for your quick response friend and always support !! :computer::signthanks:

Un abrazo :thumbup:

You're welcome my friend.
From memory, and without digging out my kit to have a look, the wheel bays are quite shallow on the kit, and won't need much work.

Thanks for the tip Terry .
I started to itemize the side of the cockpit and I see the best way to improvise individual oxygen tanks ranging in different areas of the crew. And those big tanks that go on top of the sides and roof missing ... it is a slow process, there are several very small pieces, to see how my eyes behave !, but fun
Un abrazo y buenas noches a todos :thumbup:

Sorry for the late response Luis, took me a while to find them. thought I had more in digital format but I guess its been a long time since I have been in her and found these I took with old 35mm film. Found some pictures right after they made her from Diamond Lil to Ol 927 and now I believe she is back to Diamond Lil. As I said this is an earlier model than the one you are building :)

Not sure if they are much help but enjoy.

img027.jpg
img028.jpg
img029.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent photos Paul, be of much help and reference. :thumbleft:
I appreciate your support; I already have your company in the process, your feedback and hope you enjoy it.
Muchas gracias y saludos cordiales :thumbup:

Excellent photos Paul, be of much help and reference. :thumbleft:
I appreciate your support; I already have your company in the process, your feedback and hope you enjoy it.
Muchas gracias y saludos cordiales :thumbup:

No problem and any time, if I find more info I will post it for you :)

Hello my friends, I continue with the detailed walls visible inside the fuselage. :confused2:

I want to have all the reconstructed finished pieces and glued to its final location, that will allow me apply the PRIMER, to paint the main colors of the sections and then by brush detail what is necessary ... there are still several pieces and photos are still incomplete ...

... But I share what I did in the afternoon and tonight ...

Resorting to my stock of parts, I found the necessary for the two fire extinguishers that are visible inside the plane ...

19.jpg

20.jpg

Oxygen tanks for the crew, also had their share of work.
I preferred to spare more, foreseeing that could lose some during the process [-( (give me a lot of courage to do them again [-X!!!)
I hope the pictures speak for themselves ...

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

The painted all these pieces will be later; I hope you like the advance.
Any questions or comments are always welcome.

Hasta pronto colegas del plástico!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back