Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. :oops:

Lovely work on the tanks Luis and thanks for showing how they were made

That is my intention Geo, if for someone any technique or procedure is applicable, will have served its purpose. :thumbleft:

In the same way I prepared oxygen tanks that are at the top and side compartment aft fuselage toward bomb bays.

29.jpg

With a thicker branch, I elaborated (you can see the difference in thickness between the two)
30.jpg

Now I have everything ready to move to the paint department ...

31.jpg

Another improvisation that occurred to me to do was to remove the false tank and looking in the drawer of my "chácharas" I found something that served me.

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

... And I deleted the fake from the fuselage ..

35.jpg

Unless your best opinion, I think that this is what will in principle in the interior of the sides.

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

Once painted inside, there are parts to be fitted to complete its content in the best way.

Uff :toothy6:!!, ... continue with this big guy ... then more photos.

best regards. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Agreed. Now how about replacing that hose on the left cockpit wall. :twisted: I use fine wire twisted around a slightly larger wire, that way it can be bent to shape. A few here use the appropriate size of guitar string. Just a thought.

Agreed. Now how about replacing that hose on the left cockpit wall. :twisted: I use fine wire twisted around a slightly larger wire, that way it can be bent to shape. A few here use the appropriate size of guitar string. Just a thought.

I thought so Geo; in my last aircraft I have made hoses with guitar string.
In it already did for the radio operator; maybe also for the co-pilot; but I also want to give a good finish with paintings and shadows that bring in plastic mold kit.
Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

Hello world countrymen. :grouphuuug:

I'm taking the details and this is the lateness with bombs and oxygen tanks ...

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

47.jpg

Tomorrow I apply the olive drab to the bombs (and try for the first time Humbrol acrylic paints); color in fire extinguishers and details of individual oxygen tanks.

Taking into account the suggestion of Geo, I improve oxygen hoses passenger ...

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

... I improved the appearance in the racks of bombs ...

45.jpg

With a can of black paint Tamiya (TS-14) apply it as primer, to give shadows when applying the colors that bring inside the fuselage and cabin ...

46.jpg

At this time I applied the color to the cabin and the area of radio operator and I'm preparing all the pieces that take the same tone in the rest of interioor the fuselage (along with photos show you mix colors I used and what proportion for the two tones of the interior).

Thanks for your visits, comments and recommendations ... we kept in touch.

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back