Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A great bird indeed Luis-Carlos! Wonderful detailing too. I think it can bring more joy to the hobby replicating parts by scratch building as much as possible and not rely too much on after market parts, though in many cases, these are hard to beat.

Wishing you the best of the holidays as well!

A great bird indeed Luis-Carlos! Wonderful detailing too. I think it can bring more joy to the hobby replicating parts by scratch building as much as possible and not rely too much on after market parts, though in many cases, these are hard to beat

You're right Andy, very seldom or hardly can be overcome an after market part; ... and as you mention, making certain pieces yourself, has a special value for those who like to do so. Including to replace one or more pieces that by mistake or carelessness you broke, misplaced or simply made to lose during the learning! It has happened to me several times in my 10 kits (so far) ...

Just beautiful!

Thank you very much David for your kind opinion. ( Gusto en verte por aquí )

Very nice work! I have a B-24 kit in my stash so I am shamelessly taking inspiration from your efforts! Thanks for sharing your work!

Dear Robert, I'll be watching for when you get into action with your B-24. I put to your orders for any doubt or comment about my construction process and if something can help you in your bird, it is worth sharing it with pleasure.

As our friend Andy says, happy holidays for everyone and here we continue to greet while we see some modeling ....:thumbup:

Thanks and regards Dr.Huge :thumbright:

The small details on the interior of the fuselage were resolved (I hope so) :rolleyes:

... and with emotion for the results obtained (remember that it is the first "monster" I built in 1/48 and the opportunity to learn, practice and try different materials, how to detail - what I think will be visible with Lamp and magnifying glass - what the interior of this Lib can show us), :magnifyglass: ... I share this series of photographs of the interior of the whole left side.

268.jpg
269.jpg
270.jpg
271.jpg
272.jpg
273.jpg
274.jpg
275.jpg
276.jpg
277.jpg

They are images that once the two parts of the fuselage are united, will not be able to re-observe thus. :shaking:
I will work on preparing the sequence on the right side and show them to you.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and all your comments are received.

Seguimos en contacto :thumbup::x-mas:

Gracias Terry ! ... I'm already really in business (well, on the right route) :thumbup:

jajaja ...mi compadre Capitán Vick!!

I remember Gerry and his video on the B-24 that he pilots, ... many of his images helped me to improve my interiors.
I imagined Gerry walking with me inside my lib !! ...Hahaha :occasion5:

Merry Christmas AMIGO \\:D/ and around here we continue taking advantage of available times.

Saludos :thumbup:

Looks fantastic! Too bad most will be hidden but you've practiced some very good skills here.

Gracias Andy

That's right, not everything will look like I wanted :confused:
:idea:... I'm thinking ...:-k... it´s a good idea and convenient try to put small pieces of transparent acetate in place of the small side windows that the kit brings ??? ... You are the ones who know, would it be worth it, or have you tried?, It is clearer, observation towards the interior and lighting with a mini-flashlight from another window ....:-s

What do you think

:thumbup:

As the machine guns of the sides are wearing their ammo belts, they will not have as much mobility, at the moment of joining the fuselage and continue the whole process; ... it occurred to me to put some kind of protection with pieces of clips and cover it with tape.
This way, it protects the machine gun from possible light blows and also paint the whole fuselage ...

264.jpg
265.jpg
266.jpg
267.jpg

When the fuselage is attached, I will do the same with the right side.

I hope to do its job and protect these pieces that are easy to break ... !! [-o<

In another opportunity I upload the photos on the right side ....O:)

Excelente día a todos :thumbup:

A great idea. In the cases where I have similar parts that are sure to break, rather than protect them, I usually cut them off and make an easy way to reattach them later. Did this on my Ju88G-6:

It looks great Andy!

I plan to do something similar for the machine guns that go in the front bubble.
Separating the body from the arm of each machine gun and adding a metal "soul" to strengthen that union, attaching inside the bubble the body of the machine gun in its exit hole and in the final detail of my Lib, attach each arm to its body ( previously with a mini-drill will drill holes at the ends and with a 3 or 4 mm lengths of an acupuncture needle at the end of the arm, just embed it with glue into place)

The technique was known to a Mexican modeler (must be known among the experienced modelers) and for the first time I will try. (After having suffered with the front machine guns of my He-111 #-o)
I will mention it during that process and may also be useful for someone else.

Gracias por el apoyo e imágenes :thumbup:

That'a clevr bit of protective 'cage' there Luis.
Like Andy, i normally separate the barrel from the guns when doing thos, or remove the gun altogether, in cases where that's possible.
Regarding the replacing of the windows - it's always worth the effort, if it's possible to cut a new window to fit properly. I've done it on a few models in the past, an it does allow more to be seen of the interior.
I've normally masked the 'empty' window opening, for painting, and then fitted the new window from then outside, using PVA adhesive to hold it and fix it, sometimes re-inforced with a mall amount of liquid cement, once the window has set in place.
When I get back to working on the unfinished RAF Mitchell, I'll be doing exactly this with the small, 'bubble' windows in the navigator's compartment. The kit provides the old-style 'flat' windows, which are quite thick, but my version needs the 'blown', bubble windows, which I'll mould and then fit on the outside,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back