Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll review it, I appreciate your comments Terry, any questions that arise, I look for support.

Good thing you like Darry, it has been very illustrative to apply for the first time the different shades and the finish of the ammunition, I liked how they look.

Thank you and excellent week for all. :thumbup::thumbup:

Damn dude this B-24 is looking bad ass buddy. The interior detail and guns look fantastic . I cant wait to see more progress . Keep the awesomeness up :)

Cheers Brian

Muchas gracias fb-friend!

... I have not given the time to share my advances with modeling friends in fb and comment on their projects !! ... I must organize! Thanks Brian for your visits. Greetings.

When I created mine I didn't have that gap problem

Hello Kai, (is that your name?), I appreciate your visit. Is your B-24 the same brand and version ?; You will have seen that mine is the old mold of Revell.
A good kit to be able to learn, to know more of old models, to apply techniques and to try to improve my abilities.

It will be a nice plane to show off on my ledges. I hope you can show us your great bird.

Thanks for your comment and I hope you like the process.

I love the guns!

Very kind words, my friend, thank you for your visits and I will not tire of thanking your comments. They are inspiration to continue learning from you and to enjoy all this.

Saludos "compadrito"

" :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: "

Great job Luis. Hope the clear correction works

Happy new year Geo, ... at the time we can find out how that correction is. 8-[

For now because of my business, I have not been able to get closer to my Lib, ...:zombiesmile:
Already I urge to approach my desk and give him a hand !! [-o<

Keep in touch. :thumbup:

You're doing some fantastic improvements in that old kit. I started building the same kit years ago but never finished it. On big mistake I found with it was the rear turret. The Monogram kit original came out at a later model turreted nose Liberator and they later made some changes to the nose and brought it out as a B-24D but did not change the tail turret. The B-24D had the early style Consolidated tail turret with the guns in the open like the one in the first picture below. The kit has the later style Consolidated turret with the guns enclosed and a slightly different shape to the plexiglas around the gun opening like in the second picture.
I modified the kits turret to make it more like the earlier turret on the B-24D (Pictures 3 and 4) by reshaping the opening around the guns and scratch building inside the new openings (all the plastic painted light pink) The guns will be fitted in the scratch built troughs and the framework of the plexiglas painted. Unfortunately there is really nothing to be done with the seam between the front and rear halves of the turret, that's just the way Monogram designed it.

P2166601.JPG
P1010848.JPG
P1202356.JPG
P1202357.JPG

You're doing some fantastic improvements in that old kit. I started building the same kit years ago but never finished it. On big mistake I found with it was the rear turret. The Monogram kit original came out at a later model turreted nose Liberator and they later made some changes to the nose and brought it out as a B-24D but did not change the tail turret. The B-24D had the early style Consolidated tail turret with the guns in the open like the one in the first picture below. The kit has the later style Consolidated turret with the guns enclosed and a slightly different shape to the plexiglas around the gun opening like in the second picture.
I modified the kits turret to make it more like the earlier turret on the B-24D (Pictures 3 and 4) by reshaping the opening around the guns and scratch building inside the new openings (all the plastic painted light pink) The guns will be fitted in the scratch built troughs and the framework of the plexiglas painted. Unfortunately there is really nothing to be done with the seam between the front and rear halves of the turret, that's just the way Monogram designed it...

Thank you for your comments.
It is very important the observation that you make on the rear turret; I already have it as it is brought by the kit. If I could make the correction without risking the piece, I'll try, otherwise I'll have to live with it.

I am happy to learn from your kind contribution. :salute:

I hope you are encouraged to continue with your B-26, sure it will be very inspiring to see your work. Is there any place where you can see?

Thank you very much and best regards. :thumbup:

I didn't do any interior improvements like you did but just couldn't let the rear turret stand after I saw the one at the Air Force Museum. The work stopped because I had come to the point of attaching the wings and realized I had no room to desplay such a large model so it went back in the box where it's been for the last 16 years. I was going to finish it as the "Strawberry Bitch" the same as the one in the museum. May be someday I'll pull it out and finish it.

I have several photographs of "Strawberry Bitch" as references for my Lib. 16 years is a long time, surely you will come various memories and it will be inspirational to resume the process and see it concluded.
I hope you will soon give us the news that your great bird returns to action.
Have you thought about exhibiting it hanging from the ceiling with nylon threads, in some favorite corner of your studio?

Saludos amigo Glenn y buenas noches...:sleeping:...:thumbup:

WOW that gun turret looks really great. Love every bit of this build. You need to enter this in a model contest. Never seen a Monogram B-24 built up with this much detail. Curious as to why True Details resin never did a interior set for the Monogram liberator ? Then did one for the B-17 ! Keep the awesomeness up buddy :)

Brian

WOW that gun turret looks really great. Love every bit of this build. You need to enter this in a model contest. Never seen a Monogram B-24 built up with this much detail. Curious as to why True Details resin never did a interior set for the Monogram liberator ? Then did one for the B-17 ! Keep the awesomeness up buddy :)

Brian

Thank you very much for your words Brian, it is very flooding your comment. :basicemoticon:
It has been a long process, little time to dedicate to him continuously and too many details that I have gotten myself into.
My intention was to present it in the National Modeling IPMS Mexico 2016, ... I hope that for the 2017 I can include it ... lol

Saludos fb-amigo :thumbup:

A little progress ...
With a small piece of styrene I covered the small hollow of the upper part.

308.jpg
309.jpg
310.jpg

With a fine file and then with sandpaper, I tried until I found the necessary measure to correctly fit the front bubble.

311.jpg
312.jpg
313.jpg

For the largest gap in the bottom of the fuselage with the bubble, I will use the technique suggested by Terry. But that will be later, because I will first work to see that there is no sign of the union of the fuselage all along the plane.

I ask for a little help, ... if anyone of you has images or photofraphs of the lights that go on the rail of the bomb gates ... :toothy9:

314.jpg

... do not distinguish well in the instructions ...,

315.jpg

... does not indicate in which color is each light ...

316.jpg

... and in my search on the net I did not find any that was clearly seen.

I appreciate in advance the time, suggestions and support that you can offer me. :shockingzap::signhelp:

Greetings and excellent week for all !! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back