Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Varied but you can't be wrong if you go with Andy's answer...

luis.JPG

Interesting about the RCAF version though. I'll have to dig around

Thanks dear comrades Andy and Geo for your answers, now I have the order of the colors and very interesting observation about that difference between the USAAF and RCAF bombers. :idea:

With the great arsenal of references and images to which several of you have access, could you have some photos about the real appearance of these signal lights? :computer:

When joining the two parts of the fuselage, that rail presented a difference in the union and one of the sections was "slightly folded"; ... so that when I fill the unevenness and sand to straighten, the detail of these signal lights is lost, besides that the two halves did not match to form the lights correctly.

In addition it will be important to know if those lights have the base of the chromed bottom and the bulb is colored or the glass that covers the bulb is of each color.

I hope I have been as clear as possible in my writing. :-s:signquestion::-k:signexclaim:

Cheers Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Luis, these are all I could find. The caption says "Complete sets of WWII recognition lights. Red, Amber, and Green."

2257d.jpg

What a Barbarian !! :notworthy: What a stunning picture George just showed us; ... as Wojtek says, now everything is very clear !!
Thank you very much for your support, I hope that I can also give back similarly to the help that they can request. Thank you so much my friends. =D>

Now, get to work !! :thumbup:

I contacted Robert Livingstone at the site EVERYTHING B-24 and he was kind enough to forward this drawing from his collection. His email said the following:

Robert,

You're in luck.

My drawings were easier to flush out, so I tried and I think, than unless you REALLY want a photograph, this will do the job for you. Let me know.

The square plates either side of the lights are the doubler plates to support the antenna which runs between them.

Bob

Hope this helps, I did ask if he could still forward an actual photo.

Recognition Lights.jpeg

I contacted Robert Livingstone at the site EVERYTHING B-24 and he was kind enough to forward this drawing from his collection. His email said the following:

Robert, ...

It's an excellent diagram Robert, thank you very much for sharing it; ... gives me a clearer idea and if it is possible for him to provide you with a photo, it will be very important to know how the antenna that runs through the lights is shaped.

It is very gratifying to see the interest of sharing and helping in this great aviation forum.

Un fuerte abrazo amigo :thumbup:

A lot of help Glenn!, nice pic ...!

Where or how will that antenna appear on the drawing of Robert Livingstone?
It remains clearer as are those recognition lights.
I already have some ideas of how I am going to do them. :-kExcellent contributions to "our" B-24D ...!

Gracias miles, una vez más :smilecolros:

I could not find any indication of a wire type antenna going between the doubler plates. I found this photo that seems to show 3 short antenna poles but the resolution does not seem to indicate a strung wire. Perhaps there was none? But I believe this was a post war version as well so perhaps not a good source.

BAT-PB4Y-2.jpg

Just found this! Found here: B24D Liberator - Radio Fitting

B-24 AIRCRAFT ANTENNA SYSTEMS

There are six separate antennas on the aircraft:

* The Command Set Antenna is a single wire which extends aft from alongside the top turret to the top of the left vertical stabilizer.

* The Liaison Fixed Antenna is also a single wire which extends aft from alongside the top turret to the top of the right vertical stabilizer.

* The Radio Compass Sense Antenna is a vertical whip type mounted on top of the aircraft at Station 5.1 and accessible through a junction box mounted in the top compartment of the life raft area.

* The Marker Beacon Antenna is mounted under the fuselage below the catwalk on standoff insulators. The lead in is at Station 5.0

* The Radio Compass Loop is mounted topside at Station 5.3 to 5.4.

* The Liaison "Trailing" Antenna is a single wire wound on an electrically operated reel located under the flight deck.

I don't hink so. The bomb racks were attached to, I would say , a ladder of the "V" shape looking from the front. The bottom of the "V" was just the narrow cutwalk going across the bomb bay where the antenna was attached too. So no problem with loading especially, the bottom of the bomber fuselage was so close to the ground and bombs were racked from the top to the bottom at some angle to the bottom line of the fuselage.

Good day, old colleagues :hotsun::wav:

The enrichment that all of you have shared in this thread with the information, timely comments, sources of information, images and diagrams contributed,
... have created an extraordinary reference for all modellers and lovers of B-24 , ... wow, wow, wow !!
:tongue9:

I feel honored and overwhelmed and at the same time willingly committed to make the most of my effort and dedication to carry out this wonderful WWII bomber.

I am very grateful ...:grouphuuug:... and this still does not end !!

Un URRAAH por todos los grandes cabrones de éste foro!! :ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Taking advantage of some availability I share a couple of advances ...

I entertained myself in detailing that small rear window ...

317.jpg
318.jpg
319.jpg
320.jpg
321.jpg

Later on with a little Micro Kristal Klear I will make the crystal.

... on the other hand I began to cover those holes to prepare the painting process to the fuselage ...

322.jpg
323.jpg
324.jpg

... are several places to cover (with tape, sponges, patches of styrene and liquid mask) :-&, clean the surface very well, cover with Micro Mask the windows and work by the front bubble to attach it to the fuselage and then start the process of painting...!! \\:D/

Keep in touch. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back