Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice. You may find that glue will not stick to the acetate but if you manage to surround it in plastic that does accept glue then you should be fine.

That was my problem with my first attempt, Tamiya's glue did not work with acetate. Many thanks for that remark Andy.

Un abrazo hasta Canadá :thumbup:

Hi Luis Carlos,

Sorry I'm so late catching up on this magnificent build. I'm awestruck by your attention to detail and by your scratch-building skills, especially in minute details such as the extinguishers, bombs, cabin detail and exterior details. Keep up the great work and I look forward to following it to completion.

Felicitaciones y saludos de Dublín,

Gerry

Damn dude that tail section detail is looking sweet !!! Like i said before never seen anyone build a Liberator like this. Keep the awesomeness :)

Cheers Brian

Thanks Brian, it has been a project that has been perfected with the active participation of several involved in different ways, ... is definitely being the result of work and motivation together.
I feel it's going to be a long, long, very long but nice tutorial for anyone who wants to get into a similar project. And the interesting thing about this is that there will always be better ways to do it.

Un fuerte abrazo amigo :thumbup:

Thanks Wayne, do you agree this is a result of all of us? :olympic:

Hi Luis Carlos,

Sorry I'm so late catching up on this magnificent build. I'm awestruck by your attention to detail and by your scratch-building skills, especially in minute details such as the extinguishers, bombs, cabin detail and exterior details. Keep up the great work and I look forward to following it to completion.

Felicitaciones y saludos de Dublín,

Gerry

I'm glad to see you here, my dear Gerry.
Let me tell you that you have part of the blame for doing so majestic work with your Lanc and is inspiration to keep improving and this model of Revell, lends itself to continue learning and improvising.
I really appreciate your comment, my friend.

Un gran abrazo :thumbup:

Last Saturday I could not do much, but I worked for a while in the front bubble.
I realized that the kit part could be improved by observing several actual images ... and the machine gun bracket on the right side of the bubble has a protrusion outside and inside the bubble, which does not exist in the original plane ...

339.jpg

339 1.jpg

So carefully with a file, I lowered that outer and inner part; Which will also allow the machine gun to rotate in several directions and not just looking forward to that detail of the mold.

340.jpg
341.jpg

Yesterday Sunday I spent practically ALL DAY :zombiesmile:doing the masks for the bubble ... I almost lose my sight and waist ...!
But I think it was presentable ...

342.jpg

343.jpg
344.jpg
345.jpg

It was many hours and small advance, but I think that little by little they will begin to see the results.

Have an excellent week :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thank you Huge and Wojtek. :thumbleft::thumbright:

Turbo and Robert are right, I think this was the last canopy of this complexity, it had not taken me so long (of course it's the biggest airplane I've ever made); Another one was a Henkell 111, but I do not remember having taken so long. (By the way is in my gallery - if you want to see my beginnings in this of the detailed sick- !!) :oops: lol

I could not stay with the desire to prove how the machine guns will remain in the bubble ...

346.jpg
347.jpg
348.jpg

And following Andy's timely advice, I already left the sandwich with glue and I'll give it until tomorrow to begin to shape it and attach the new piece to the tail.

349.jpg
350.jpg
351.jpg

See you soon friends of aviation, plastic and glue.

Saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Thanks chaps for being present.

Taking advantage of this inertia I share the advances ...

... that rear lamp stays like this; I cut the size, almost to the final measure and I have already pasted it to its place ... tomorrow I will give a careful sandpaper and if necessary a bit of putty to leave as best as possible that small area of the plane.

352.jpg
353.jpg
354.jpg

Already the colors of the Marker Beacon Antenna. I plan to use Micro Mask on each lamp to be able to apply the blue color; Once the paint is dry, remove the MM, then apply a drop of Future to give the crystalline finish and then mount the piece in its final place.

355.jpg
356.jpg

To cover the vault of the bombs, I used the parts that the plane would use with the closed gates and it was easier to fix them with tape to paint without any consern.

357.jpg
358.jpg

Seguimos en contacto amigos de la aviación, el plástico y pegamento.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back