Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This model is going to be a beauty when done. Great work my friend!

These are very flattering words from you, Andy. I am really motivated to do a serious work. Now I feel that I do not think to do so much detail in another bomber of this size, ... and I already have in my cupboard a B-17 waiting its turn!!; It will be until I have it in process when I'll see how far I want to go with it. On the other hand, as Terry says, I have other projects before.

I agree with Andy, and it's got me itching to do my B-24J as a 'H' model. Too many other projects on the go at the moment though.
For that B-24H you have in line, I already have a place in the front row to enjoy your construction process. It will be a very interesting review.

Thank you mis amigos for your comments.

Saludos cordiales :thumbup:

That masking job was great, prefer the precut for the easy application, but still do some with the Tamiya tape too....

Here's one I could not get a mask set for.....1/144 scale zero....
Canopy masked_9475.jpg
Canopy_Painted_9520.JPG
EII-137_In hand_9588.JPG

Awesome masking job Wayne, :shocked!: ... and I agree with everyone: that's what it means to work on something tiny !!
And little Zero is grandiosely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Saludos hasta Australia!! :thumbup:

Damn dude those formation lights look fantastic . Way better then what was on the kit , I would love to see you build a B-26 and B-25 like this :)

Brian

Hola Brian, I already have an Academy B-25G in my store; but I think my next project is to do simultaneously a P-51B and a Corsair F4U-4, both simple models of Revell and I will do in full flight (to rest a bit the mind of the excess of details ... lol).
But first do the honors to this great monster !!

Saludos compadre :thumbup:

Before leaving for some friends to watch the Super Bowl, I leave the advance so far ...:mrgreen:

Recovered the lines of panels that were lost during sanding ...

359.jpg
360.jpg
361.jpg

With Micro Mask the windows were covered and some details to leave everything ready. Previously I gave a good cleaning to all the fuselage with cotton swabs moistened in alcohol and then a nice cleaned with a microfiber cloth.
From this moment I manipulate the plane with gloves ...

362.jpg
363.jpg

... this was the process for the tail light ...
Once lowered to the final size of the new part, I coated the joint with Vallejo plastic putty ...

364.jpg
365.jpg

With care and support with the 3 original photographs (post # 420), I used fine sandpaper to give it the right finish.

366.jpg
367.jpg

The outline where the crescent window is, carries six rivets; But I will do them once I apply the primer, or maybe even after the final outer color.
Finally I applied Micro Mask to that window and wait for details to appear after the Primer and correct them.

368.jpg

We keep in touch and have a pleasant Sunday. :thumbup:

(... I'm with Brady and the Pats, for his 5th S.B ... :footballhelmet:.) ...

Jajaja...saludos a todos :occasion5::happy1:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back