"Coolest" Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Me 410 for me! Its got Steve McQueen written all over it!

Messerschmitt-Me-410A1-Hornisse-Stammkennzeichen-(T6+FU)-in-flight-1942-01.jpg

Me 262.
For her delicate mix of animal elegance and brutality.

Wuzak - IIRC it had some stability issues as well - i'll have to go back and look.

Yes, some stability issues. They repositioned the tail plane higher up the fin, but I'm not sure they flew it long enough after that alteration to be tested to see if it worked.

An engine fire killed the prototype.

Interesting cross-section of candidates – seems some people equate coolness with grace, others with muscle, just the way we do with cars or bikes I guess. Begs the question, if your favourite aircraft was a car, which one would it be? The P 51 is easy – a Mustang ('67, of course). The Spitfire? Have to be an E-Type Jag, surely.

Interesting cross-section of candidates – seems some people equate coolness with grace, others with muscle, just the way we do with cars or bikes I guess. Begs the question, if your favourite aircraft was a car, which one would it be? The P 51 is easy – a Mustang ('67, of course). The Spitfire? Have to be an E-Type Jag, surely.
or a Messerschmitt:
cdec004fe2fc9b0ce32101703b706dd8-orig

For me, it's the Heinkel He280...

First armed combat jet in history, a proven dogfighter with alot of potential but it was not to be for this warbird and it's bigger cousin, the Me262 captured the limelight.

Still a good looking machine and wouldn't it be great to see a replica built and making the airshow rounds?

he_280_02.jpg

I must admit I like the Polikarpovs, the I-16 and the I-153. The short stubby body with that radial up front and the gull wings on the I-153, something about them just appeals to me. I also like the Fiat CR32, I think they fought in the early years, something about those late 30's designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back