Coronavirus Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

i was not talking about the media. I was talking about members of the forum.

As opposed to everyone else?

They are quoting real, verifiable experts, not fabricating things out of thin air like CNN and the NYT.

lmao...

You can get any "verifiable person" to say what you want, when they align themselves with your choice of political vomit. Just look at demon sperm doctor lady.

PJ has been proven over and over and debunked over and over for spewing fake news misinformation.

They are QUOTING people who should be believed based on their expertise and the research they have done.

PJ Media was created to FIGHT fake news., The CBS G.W. Bush TX Air Guard Hoax was debunked by people who had the necessary expertise to point out that the format of the letter was wrong for that time frame ( I could confirm that) and that it was not typed on an IBM Selectric but using a computer.

So what about all people we should be believing, but don't? I mean are we picking and choosing which which experts to believe. I know its not cool politically to believe Dr. Fauci right?

Who cares what they were created for? They spread fake news left and right. So you combat fake news with more fake news...

18]
False claimsEdit

In August 2018, PJ Media published an article by then supervising editor Paula Bolyard[19] claiming that Google was manipulating its algorithm to prioritize left-leaning news outlets in their coverage of President Trump.[20] Bolyard acknowledged that her study was "not scientific," though she did conclude that "the results suggest a pattern of bias against right-leaning content." Fact checkers at PolitiFact rated this claim false[21]
In January 2019, PJ Media published a column by their senior editor Tyler O'Neil[22], in which he insinuated in his article that a Muslim community patrol in New York City might be enforcing ShariaLaw and might be linked to the NYPD.[23] This group, the Muslim Community Patrol Service (MCPS)[24] was a certified volunteer Neighborhood watch in Brooklyn, a NYC CERT[25] along with other community patrols such as the Brooklyn Asian Safety Patrol[26] and the Guardian Angels. PJ Media offered nothing that demonstrated the MCPS could, or planned to, "enforce Sharia law," beyond engaging in the speculative hypothetical that the MCPS might somehow "apply … Sharia in its community monitoring." Fact-checkers at Snopes rated this claim false.[27]
In February 2019, PJ Media published a column by one of their writers John Hawkins,[28] also creator of Rightwingnews, in which he stated in an article titled "The Six Most Bizarre Proposals from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal"[29] making five out of six claims such as "getting rid of airplanes" or "getting rid of cows", aim to "get rid of gas-powered cars in a decade", call for eliminating carbon emissions in ten years "without the use of nuclear power", or "promise 'economic security' for those 'unwilling to work'". Fact checkers at NewsGuard rated these five claims false[30] which can be further verified by the official government resolution H.Res.109 Green New Deal[31] proposed by Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
In January 2020, PJ Media published a column by one of their writers,[32] Robert B. Spencer, also founder and director of the anti-Muslim conspiracy blog Jihad Watch, in which he stated that congresswoman Ilhan Omar had given Iran military advice by suggesting it could target Trump hotels, and thus committed treason.[33] Fact-checkers at Snopes rated this claim false.[34]
In February 2020, PJ Media published a column by one of their writers [35] Victoria Taft also a conservative talk show host,[36] in which she stated that President Barack Obama waited until millions were infected and 1000 dead in the U.S. before he declared the Pandemic H1N1/09 virus an emergency.[37] Fact-checkers at Snopes rated this claim false.[38]
In August, 2020, PJ Media published an article by their Chicago editor Rick Moran[39] claiming Democrats were urging presidential candidate Joe Biden not to debate with President Trump because they were concerned with the former vice presidents mental stamina[40]. The source for this claim cited on the PJ Media article was from Newsweek, but the Newsweek article states that the former vice president was advised not to debate Trump citing "publicity stunts and disregard for the rules in 2016" as well as cancelling debates over concerns of the COVID-19 pandemic[41]. Furthermore, the Newsweek article cited by PJ Media makes no mention about any mental stamina. According to CNN, Biden spokesman TJ Ducklo stated that presidential candidate Biden has already agreed to three debates with President Trump in Fall 2020

PJ Media - Wikipedia

yes its from wiki, but its the easiest way for me to post it on my phone.

A little bit of tongue-in-cheek humour to lighten the mood, making news around NZ at the moment, some idiot on twitter posted this, after the US President's comments about the country's latest outbreak of the virus (speaking of fake news):

"You can't leave. And you can't easily have people in. And you're back in lockdown in major parts of the country. And the quarantine camps are public knowledge. Your country is a hellhole."

So, in typical fashion, Kiwis have responded with the hashtag NZHellhole and posting how miserable their lives are not! Not only is it a great advertisement of how beautiful our country is, but just how ridiculous the claims that are being made overseas by the uninformed actually are!

https://twitter.com/hashtag/NZHellhole?src=hashtag_click

This one from my town:

"Awful day here in the #NZHellhole. The Nelson Market was cancelled so had to get fresh-baked bread and organic sausages from the Farmers' Market instead. Off for a stroll in native bush this afternoon and maybe go to a movie. O the tyranny of this jackbooted regime."

Ole Orange one actually said New Zealand is a hell hole?

They are QUOTING people who should be believed based on their expertise and the research they have done.

Not sure I can buy that. Nobody is worthy of belief simply because of their position. That's precisely why the scientific community requires high-quality, peer-reviewed research. AFAIK, none of the individuals quoted have gone through that process. The few items of published research that are identified in the article are then followed by rather speculative interpretations or explanations which are not included in the original text. It's also frustrating that the article fails to recognize that these "discoveries" were all necessary precisely BECAUSE it was a novel virus.

The article doesn't get off to a promising start. It quotes a Beda M. Stadler and touts his comments on COVID despite admitting Dr Stadler's incorrect prognostication that COVID would wither away in the summer heat. It then goes on to state that "COVID-19 is 78% similar to SARS" and therefore it wasn't "novel". The logic of this is stupefying given that a dog is genetically 84% similar to a human...yet would we suggest canines and humans are the same, suffering the same diseases and reacting the same way to those diseases?

The article also references America's Frontline Doctors (AFD) who criticize other COVID research as "fake science" and yet they offer no evidence themselves of their "un-fake" research. AFD recommendations include use of hydroxychloroquine but they offer no substantive, peer-reviewed research to justify their claim. As Adler has noted, the ranks of AFD include Dr. Stella Immanuel who, among other things, has claimed that many gynecological illnesses are the result of having sex dreams with succubi and incubi and receiving demon sperm. She asserted in 2015 that space alien DNA is used in medical treatments and that "reptilian spirits" and other extraterrestrials run the U.S. government. She also said in 2015 that Illuminati are using witches to destroy the world through abortion, gay marriage, children's toys and media (e.g. Harry Potter, Pokémon, Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana). In another 2015 sermon, she said scientists are developing vaccines to stop people from being religious.

Sorry but, for my money, I'll take scientifically sound, double-blind, peer-reviewed research over anything stated by AFD. I also take with a huge dose of salt ANY "expert" who seeks to use the megaphone of the internet to make their points rather than seeking to influence the scientific consensus through well-designed and thoroughly reviewed medical trials.

Last edited:

Thank you. You very reasonably stated what I was going to say when I had more time.

Ole Orange one actually said New Zealand is a hell hole?

I don't think he did; it was a tweeter who had run with his comments that described it as a hell hole, nevertheless, his comments are laughable to say the least. Our prime minister has simply responded by stating that his comments are wrong and refuses to indulge in the BS that is sweeping the air waves these days, to her everlasting credit.

It's better than extending by 3 months, and then in three months having to go back again, and again...

Italy report, 23rd August, weekly changes
cases 259,345, +5,430, deaths 35,437, +41, recovered 205,470, +1,694, active cases 18,438, +3,705, tests 8,007,637, +450,220, people tested 4,739,968, +284,037
fatality rate 13.7% (-0.2)
mortality rate 588 per million (+1)
test rate 132.8 per thousand (+7.5)
positive rate 5.5% (-0.2)
test rate this week 7,464 per million (+3,111)
positive rate this week 1.9% (-0.2)
new case rate this week 90 per million (+34)

On Monday, the CDC updated its testing guidelines to say that not everyone needs to get a test for COVID-19: You only need a test if you have symptoms or have had close contact with an infected individual. They have finally defined close contact to be within six feet for at least 15 minutes.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

This essentially confirms the concerns about false positives raised by Dr. Stadler, a Swiss immune system expert.

Hmmm, pushed through while Dr Fauci was in surgery...

The best way to deal with false positives is to do a second test, as is fairly common in medicine where the possibility of a false positive is large.

The problem is that the tests used will show positive even when the immune system has done its job and destroyed the virus, leaving pieces of the virus floating around, which are detected by the commonly used tests. It's rather like you having a flat tire on your car and the tire store saying you need 4 new ones because if one is flat they must all be.

Hmmm, pushed through while Dr Fauci was in surgery...

The best way to deal with false positives is to do a second test, as is fairly common in medicine where the possibility of a false positive is large.

The new guidelines go against everything the vast majority of experts say on the subject. This was influenced heavily by politics, and pretty much everyone knows this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread