Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're still very low on numbers of people tested positive and no confirmed deaths due to the virus;, in Dalmatia alone (800 000 population), there is nobody tested positive.
However, from Monday, the schools and kindergartens will be closed, apart from taking in the chidren whose parents do not have a way to look after their children when at house.

It's China's best interest to maintain some type of transparency and credibility as it's economic recovery depends on it.
This reasoning does not support the belief that China reports anything (COVID or non) accurately.
China's reporting ethos: "All news about China must be good. All references to good things must praise the Communist government."

This reasoning does not support the belief that China reports anything (COVID or non) accurately.
China's reporting ethos: "All news about China must be good. All references to good things must praise the Communist government."
That's always been the party line. This is a whole new ball game and they know it. Party leaders in Wuhan were reprimanded for their actions (or lack thereof) and this was openly reported. The government allowed the frustration and discontent to be publicly shown when the virus at Wuhan was at it's peak. At this point they have no reason to hold back any information, if anything transparency helps them. Funny though, S. Korea has taken the same steps as China and they seemed to have stabilized the outbreak and their numbers per capita are similar to China.

Just got back from Costco to get gas. There was much less line than usual. While I was getting gas I looked over to see if there was still a line to get in the store( there's been a line literally down the block at our Costco last couple days. They've been showing it on the news) and there was none even though this is usually the busiest time of the week. Hopefully the hoarders have burned themselves out. I mean when you have 3 rooms full to the ceiling with toilet paper maybe it's time to call it a day.
Eventually they have to run out of money/space. Hopefully that has happened and at least that aspect of life can get back to something resembling normal.

Last edited:
With a little cabin fever settling in I decided to venture out and take a ride to my local Costco. My plan was to drive by and look at the massive lines BUT to my surprise, it was EMPTY!!! They did have signs stating no toilet paper, but aside from that they had plenty of food. I didn't check for hand sanitizer for disinfectants. I did by a few things including a 1.75 liter of Kirkland Irish Cream!

They are trying to paint themselves as ultra-efficient and trying to set a contrast with the "incompetent" west, therefore their lackeys at the WHO already declared Europe the new epicenter after lavishing praise on the Chinese dictatorship... always remember that the WHO REFUSED to name the virus to prevent it from casting any shade in China and also refused to declare a pandemic because China would have been blamed, now they are claiming all is ok there, just fine see? All the mess is in the west, we controlled the virus here, if it became a mess it is your own fault... all hail China.

Korea was FAR more proactive and effective than China, not even close.

Please don't make this political - I'm going by numbers. Read my post at the beginning of this thread.

I found an interesting article on the statistics of coronavirus which suggests a crude way to calculate the total number of cases in the early stages by taking the number of deaths and multiplying by 800. My feeling is that having a capacity to test many people, South Korea can test 140,000 per week, makes any lock down much more effective.

Please don't make this political - I'm going by numbers. Read my post at the beginning of this thread.

So, in order to not be political que have to believe their claims? Because that is the issue, btw, I wouldnt believe anything coming from the current US govt either... not because of politics, but because they, just like the Chinese, have been caught lying.

Simple as that.

I agree... basically we're seeing people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. The problem is we're not getting accurate information.

Yeah, the numbers are wildly higher, and the sky didn't fall, and all hell didn't break loose. I know two people who actually got it (one just had a bad flu, the other was nearly incapacitated).

Where do you get 99% isopropyl alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread